New life, old memories.

Now 10 years later, I'm living in Los Angeles working in the LAPD with no one asking about agent Kate Todd anymore. Tony, gibbs, abby have all probably forgotten about me and even my sister is living her life happily somewhere. I wish I could let go as easily as they did. To Not have a care in the world... Around three years ago the new ncis director Leon Vance had gotten a message to me stating it was safe for me to return, but 7 years gone, I would bring more hurt than relief. None of them would understand the situation I was in and they would resent me for it. I wouldn't blame them. Them resenting me would be hard to handle but Having to see my life replaced and lived out by someone else would be too much. It was until now that I believed I didn't want to go back. Until I saw him. I was driving my old, blue car when I pulled up to red lights. The sweet air of la gently warming my car through my open window. Whilst waiting I turned to look at the car pulling up next to me. That's when I saw him. Our eyes met. He'd found me...Tony.

Panicked I turned away. Hiding my face from the shame. I could feel it turning a shade of dark red and drips of sweat fell from my face onto the smooth leather of my car seat. My heart beating faster by the minute. Only when I heard the beeping of car horns from behind did I look back up. The lights had gone green and his car was gone. Questions filled my head like an infection. Had he recognised me after all these years, or did he just think I was someone else, a lookalike? After all to him I was dead. pulling out of the junction, I turned towards my home, distressed.

I paced around the hard, stained wooden floor of my living room. My tights slipping with every step. From time to time I would slide the curtains open to peak out front. Checking no cars were parked, watching me from outside. Was I just being paranoid? Tony didn't pose as any threat as far as I new anyway. Night fell and i was still on guard. My sleep time looked to be short tonight, too many things were rushing through my head. If tony had recognised me was he hurt. Had he thought I'd left just to get away from them. That it was their fault? I moved towards my grey armchair that was in the middle of the room. It's soft fabric caressing my skin, Sighing loudly as the weight lifted from my feet. After hours of worry, I finally began to drift asleep. Sounds of cars passing by reassuring me into my dreams.

When I awoke the next morning My brown hair had fallen onto my face. It once wrapped my jawline but I had since grown it out. Still stiff from my awkward sleeping position, hunched on my chair, I slid over to my kitchen. My crisp pencil skirt which I had worn to work yesterday was creased and my white blouse had untucked from it allowing a cool breeze of early morning air to flow up my back. As I turned to reach for my mug, I caught the time on the wall clock. 8:09am. I'd over slept. skipping breakfast, I headed to the door. At least I had nothing to bring up when I explained to Grayson why I'm late again.

Before I could reach my car, I noticed the curtains opposite my home flinch closed. Exposed, I hurried to my car feeling watched. only once I was sat in my car did I remember the previous tenants had left a couple of weeks before and the house was supposedly empty. Slamming my foot onto the brakes my car screeched to a halt. But it was too late. Two figures emerged from the house, before jumping into a silver car and pulling away. Before I could process what I'd saw, I was already speeding after them. Twisting round the residential streets of LA like a stunt driver. My driving was once law abiding, but after a few lessons with gibbs before I left and I was now the queen of speed. Many of the other officers never wanted to get in the car with me. I guess that's how we were with gibbs. Learnt from the best.

The silver car was now pulling closer, and I could feel them starting to panic. They were running out of ideas. Every turn would become more and more sloppy, giving me a window to catch up. Then gunfire started. Bullets whizzing towards my windscreen. Cracks started to spread across the glass like sparks, impairing my sight. As we turned towards the LA shoreline, crowds of tourists began fleeing in panic. Many of them recording the chase on their phones. So distracted by the crowds, my eyes flickered off of the silver car. Before I could focus back, a bullet was already piercing through the skin on my shoulder. The pain was unbearable. The first real time I'd been shot without a vest. Slipping off the wheel, my hand became weak. My car began spinning out of control. hurtling towards the window of a nearby shop. Unable to regain the wheel, my car crashed through. Screeching twists of metal surrounded me as my eyes went black. The only sound escaping from my mouth... "Tony..."