Escaping the truth.

Hours pasted, I couldn't stay there any longer. Continuos echoes from other rooms, the eternal ticking from the now broken clock above was slowly eating away at my mind. I had to leave. 

Frozen tiles stung my bare feet as I lifted them out of the warm hospital bed. Searing pain shot up the nerves in my legs as I placed my body weight on to them for the first time in days. My Teeth gritted as I took my first step. This was my first time to prove I wasn't the weak little girl I had been acting like, i wasn't going to cave this time. Sparks of pain now exploded through my body like fireworks, ripping at my already sore muscles. As I reached the door, my clothes had been left folded on a table. Hurriedly I pulled them on. Any minute now a nurse could just walk by and order me back to bed. Searching the hallway outside, I saw it was empty, now was my time. Dashing for the door, i grabbed my bag. I rumbled round reaching for my purse. My car must have been totally wrecked in the accident, and in my state I couldn't drive anyway. As I made it through reception, blending in as one of the many visitors the hospital gets a day, the room started spinning. Patches of black blotting my vision like stains on fabric. If I only just make it to the road I could catch a bus and ride home. fitting in as another drunk, venturing home after a hard night partying. 

Stumbling past cars and bikes, my head got worse, my eyes darting from side to side, trying to focus on my surroundings. Shaking under my body weight my legs were giving up, every now and then buckling, causing me to trip. Any chance of not drawing attention to myself was gone. People were already offering to help me walk, others were just leaving me alone, under the impression I was intoxicated. Thick draws of breath started hacking at my chest like knives, never before had I felt so unfit. I was almost at the road when I fully collapsed, legs scraping the Tarmac of the hospital car park. Blood flowing from the newly added gash across my forehead, pooling on the cold surface below. Running feet came thudding across the ground, the thuds ringing in my ears. My great last escape had ended in failure. I would surely be taken back. Black shoes appeared next to me as I was finally defeated by my strength, I fell unconsciousness.

Regaining consciousness,  thumping beats erupted from my head, as my chapped hand rubbed over the gash, slowly, I realised I was no longer on the chilling floor of the hospital car park. My head was no longer pressed against the sharp gravel of the tarmac, instead it was leaning against a soft velvet cushion. Opening my eyes more, bright sunlight pierced my vision, flooding in from a bay window just above where I was lying. Another woven blanket was draped over my legs, and A black jacket had been placed around my shoulders, cradling me the whole time. As the bright LA sun fell behind a cloud, the room I was in became clearer. Brightly painted walls first grabbing my attention, before my eyes focused on the  many artistic masterpieces hung on the walls . This room was nothing like the drab, dull hospital room I was locked in before, joy and warmth was evident everywhere. Clutching onto the velvet fabric of what I could now see was the couch, I pulled myself up. A vibrant cultural rug massaging my feet as I stood. The usual searing pain I experienced earlier had dulled slightly to a humming vibration through my nerves. Carved out of the wall was a doorway , the door hanging slightly open. I didn't care where I was or who was with me. I took my chance to leave again. 

Swiftly moving across the laminated floor, the only sound was the soft taping of my feet. But Before I could reach the door a familiar voice rung in my ears. "Where ya gonna go kate?" Gibbs said. Sarcasm bellowing in his tone. Turning to face him, my brown hair caught in my lips. I was speechless. His grey hair shone in the light of the day, as he strolled out of the shadows "Sit." He ordered, extending his arm to point back to the cream couch. I did so without protesting. a pissed Gibbs was not to be messed with. As I sat, he stood still as if trying psych me. He began to speak  "We could have helped you. Protected you kate. Together." ...That last word, together. I'd heard that before. The word brought lies.