Escaping the past

After seeing the flyer of the school, I was determined to escaping to this place. If I stayed here for any longer than this, I was sure that I would break easily. Then I will not even waver from taking my own life and being glad that I did that. A little hope which I was clinging to as I was preparing myself for the entrance exams. I was good at academics but I never had the time to peacefully study due to all the commotion so I shut myself for the next 3 months to study for this entrance exams.

My parents unaware of why I was so eager to join the school did not say anything. More like they did not care. It's the end of the three months and the result will be out any second now. I was sitting in front of my laptop waiting for their mail. Every second felt like an hour at that time, I was so quite that even the ticking of the clock makes my heart jump. And then,

Bing

With that sound, I got an email with the title "Your result". A little hesitant, I hovered the cursor over the title and gulped. Then I clicked it as it opened. It said,

"Congratulation Mrs. Karuizawa Kei. You have been accepted to the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. You have been assigned Class 1-D. The entrance ceremony will be held on April 1. We hope that you will work hard for the school and become a respectable person in the working society after you graduate."

I read that message. And read and read and read it again and again. I could not believe that I was able to get in this school. It boasted a 100% employment rate and also admission to any college or university of our choice. "YAHOO!" I shouted and my mother shouted at me telling me to keep it down. Today was March 20. I had 10 days to prepare for this. Finally, finally I will be able to escape from here to a much better place. I couldn't ask for more. I had so much to do I couldn't even arrange my thoughts properly.

Before I even realized, ten days just flew by. I was on the way to my new school wearing my school uniform in a cute way. I went through all the scenarios in my head of what to and what not to do. I also made sure that no one I knew from before is entering this school. I had my skirt a little shorter than I would normally and decided to keep a gyaru facade on. Through my experiences I realized they are the one who have the least possibility of being bullied by everyone. A good social standing will also do the job.

The bus stopped as I saw the entrance made of natural rocks. Here I am finally, the place which will help me get rid of my past. The injury from my parents have left behind an ugly scar on my abdomen which will never go away now. Every day when I saw that scar, the same memory replayed in my mind no matter how many times I tried to stop it. Leaving those thoughts aside I went to attend the entrance ceremony. It was so boring that I don't even want to talk about it except for when the student council president came up to speak. That guy was in a league of his own. He was hot and had this aura of superiority around him. Every word of his had a lot of weight to it. He was also more intimidating than the chairman who looked like and easy-going man in his early 40s.

I head to my class 1-D and found out I was first to arrive. I sat at my seat which had my name on it. Slowly the class started filling with people. The first one to enter after me was a beautiful girl with long pink hair. She had a big chest and had a shy look on her face. Following her came some more people and I started talking to a magenta-pink haired girl who introduced herself as Maya Satou. We found out that we have similar taste in fashion so we started talking about that. Once everyone has entered, the handsome boy sitting next to me stood up.

By just looking at him I could tell he will be really popular. I had blonde hair and brown eyes and a kind smile on his face. He said in a cheerful mood,

"Everyone, can you please listen to me for a moment? Starting today, we're all going to be classmates. Therefore, I think it'd be good for us to introduce ourselves and become friends as soon as possible. We still have some time until the entrance ceremony. What do you say?"