Meeting the arrogant Mr King Jr

Beady black eyes stared back as I tilted my head to inspect more

Beady black eyes stared back as I tilted my head to inspect more. One eye briefly closed and opened back. Frowning I shook my head and looked again, but they were still. My cheeks puffed out a mouthful of air as I glanced out the glass window at the cafe. That's what happened when you stared at a teddy bear mug for half an hour.

Hunter fecking King was supposed to meet me in here, yet there was no sign of him. Two days ago, I called Mr. King senior to meet the junior before I finalized anything. I had to know if things would work between us. Now, with this conduct, I was afraid the conclusion would be in their favor.

Just when I stood up huffing from my seat, a shiny black Aston Martin Rapide pulled over right outside the cafe, and a tall, slender figure in a black Armani suit stepped out. In a matter of seconds he was swarmed by the passersby girls like a herd of female bees around their male queen, err... male king? Right then the door to the other side of the car opened and got down a woman, short and petite with gray hair pulled back in a tight bun. Two men stretched their hands in an attempt to block the crowd from getting to them, and another led them inside.

The elegant, powerful aura they emitted seized the customers' attention as half the cafe staff surrounded just to lead them to a table. The bald man, I assumed was the head bodyguard, drove his eyes around until they fell on me. He whispered something in the male king's ear, and his shaded eyes turned. Fixing his coat he strutted forward; his six feet three built looked down on my five feet five frame like an arrogant giraffe before a flabbergasted zebra.

I stared, the guy I had been secretly crushing on since the day I first saw him on a magazine cover, stood before me. Yes, that was true. You'd be wondering why I didn't say yes to the marriage then? Even though he had the looks of a Greek god, his attitude, according to some articles, was perfect to fit a movie villain, and I was certain he wouldn't be able to give me my dream love.

"Are you Ember? Ember Collins?" the woman asked, breaking me from my thoughts, and my cheeks reddened having realized I had been staring.

I'd be lying if I said their dominating vibes didn't make me nervous for my heart was racing, and my tongue felt heavy. I nodded, extending my hand to shake, but before I could blink she threw her hands around me pulling me in an embrace. I stood there stupefied. A King was hugging me despite all the news I keep hearing of them being the big bad wolves? Pulling back she tugged her slightly wrinkled lips in a hearty smile.

"Pardon me, I got carried away. I'm Karen King."

"Hello." I smiled, my mind boggling inside. She was the eldest member of the Kings, and she certainly didn't seem like a bad wolf to me. What was all that news then? Mere rumours? My eyes drove to the male king who now was sitting across my table. Would that mean he was not the dark and dangerous devil he was called by?

"Here. Seat, darling. Talk to each other. I'll be around." She trotted away and found herself a table at the other corner.

Licking my lips I sat down and gazed at the man before me. He was as handsome as the magazines portrayed him to be, maybe even more with a square face, hard features and a sharp jawline, slight stubbles adorning it. The perpetual frown that latched between his brows no matter what made it seem as though he got his man period all hour round.