Come Back (Part 1)

Summary: Dispatched just released a dating article about two idols and as expected, the fans were mostly against it. But they know nothing about them until the MBC Gayo Daejejeon.

Note: Lyrics are italicized and there are narrations in between them.
            Part 1 of 2

**********

Taehyung's POV

"Taehyung are you ready to go on stage?" Manager hyung asked as we all gather backstage.

I took a deep breath before nodding and everyone gave me reassuring smiles. They know what's happening and I'm really glad that I have them with me right now.

"We really can't change our tracklist?" I asked the staff one last time as I've been insisting on it for a while now.

It's going to be New Year soon and I just don't think our songs fit the occasion.

"Sorry, Taehyung, but we promised ARMY that we will be performing the top 4 most requested song on the poll that we had." Someone answered and I can only let out a deep sigh.

I just hope they will love this. Everything that we've been doing is just for them anyway.

"Okay boys, you're on in a minute!" One staff of mbc reminded us and I mentally prepared myself for what's about to come.

We are going to perform for ARMY so I need to do my best. Like they all always say.

As the lights went down, my members and I went on stage and to our positions. Soon, the music started and I tried my best to look at the audience only.

Wanna be loved

Don't wanna be a fool, wanna be cool
Wanna be loved, same love as you
Baby, I want it

The crowd cheered as we started performing and it somehow helped ease the tension. I looked around the audience as the other members do their parts while avoiding the urge to glance at the artists' area.

On every picture, you post up
A guy I've never seen before likes it
Who is he?
Oh right, I'm not your boyfriend anymore
I naturally pressed your number but
Calling or texting you seems like I am losing
If I don't say anything
I don't think you'll even care about me

I swallowed hard as the words sank in me and tried my hardest not to look affected because ARMY is watching. Fortunately, I feel like I somehow succeeded in doing so.

Why isn't there a dislike button?
I don't like it
Becoming just one of the thirty-something guys
Here and there, guys are liking your picture
Commenting, "let's meet up and play"
"Why are you so pretty"
Uh fuck that all stupid bullshits
You're not even mine anymore
But why do I feel like you're being taken away?
Haha, you're doing so well without me
I don't wanna see it so stop partying so hard
I swallow in the curses that rose up in my throat
And again today, I click like... shit

As my eyes continue to roam around, I cannot help but notice the disappointment in ARMY's eyes as I met some. Are they really gonna be like this?

After we broke up, you look better, pretty woman
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Annoyingly, you still look good, pretty woman
Oh pretty woman