#14

Essence

"Isn't it nice?" Bri yelled over the blasting music as Ruri, Bri, and I stood at the loud bar I worked at. "So your idea of not getting caught by your brother is to come to the club he owns?" I questioned.

Bri looked at me with a sly smile, linking her arms around both of ours she pulled us close "Well, best friend and new best friend, I have tabs on my brother thanks to our very good friend Zail," she smiled wiggled her brows.

"Who?" Ruri asked.

"Remember that guy who drove us home?" I reminded her. She nodded slowly, bringing back the memory. Suddenly her face starts to grow red.

"Oh yeah, the one I totally embarrassed myself to," she whined shaking her head as Bri led us to a couple of chairs at the bar, "Aren't we supposed to be over 18?" Ruri nervously asked looking around the large space full of drunk people.

"Well, since my brother owns it and Ess here works here, I'm pretty sure we are okay," Bri shrugged before we got interrupted.

"I see underage people," my heart sped up but slowed down as I realized Persephone stood in front of us with an amused look. "Don't worry, I won't rat you guys out." She winks

"Thank you," I sighed in relief.

"Now, who may these girls be?" she turned her gaze to the two girls beside me. "Ruri and—"

"Brianna," Bri stood up, straightening her skirt. She stuck her hand out with a wide smile. "You know you're really pretty," Persephone grows flustered at the compliment.

"Thanks," she giggles. They stayed shaking hands until I cleared my throat. Persephone dropped her hand awkwardly while Brianna stayed shamelessly checking her out.

"You guys head to a booth and i will grab you all drinks. It's on the house," Persephone said and before anyone could answer she walked away to retrieve them.

"Damn," Bri said, causing us to burst out in laughter.

"Could you be any more obvious?" I laughed fixing my outfit the moment I stand. The unreasonably short skirt Brianna had gave me rid up every time I moved my legs. I hadn't showed this much skin in so long that I felt uncomfortable. The long sleeve shirt was the only thing keeping me sane.

"What? She was hot," Bri shrugged in surrender.

"And she's also my boss, along with your brother who's her boss," I said, confusing even myself. I slide into a booth that thankfully was stationed in the corner of the room leaving me a full view of the bar and restaurant.

Bri shrugged once again before sliding in after Ruri back and changing the subject. As music blasts I sigh into my hand. I didn't really like going out to parties or clubbing, I didn't drink or do any form of illegal substances anymore as each time it had ended in disaster.

"Here you guys are," Persephone dances over with a smile. I watch in amusement as she slides the drinks in front of us.

"Uh, I don't drink alcohol, is there any in these?" Before she could say anything, Ruri cut her off.

"Same with me," she raised her hand slightly. I could tell that she was still nervous as her face got red the moment everyone looked at her.

"Oh shit, sorry," Persephone looks down at the drink guiltily. "I just assumed-"

"More for me," Bri shrugged before taking the drinks and placing them all infront if herself. Killian would kill me right now if he saw us.

"Let me grab some non-alcoholic ones," she said pushing her curly hair away from her face.