jealous, sharife cooper

- FOUR -
- SHARIFE COOPER -
- JEALOUS -
- FOR @goldenkyee -

jealous, nick jonas (playing now)0:14 -❍──────── -3:35↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

0:14 -──────── -3:35

VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

i don't like the way he's looking at you.
i'm starting to think you want him too.

i smoothed out my shirt before taking a deep breath and looking up at the building in front of me. today was my first day at a new university, and I was not going to make a bad image for myself.

yea, i know i sound like a white girl from a cliche college movie, but i moved here for my love of running track, and to potentially get a good job as a hair dresser. when you're in industries like these, words get around fast and i can't have bad talk on my name.

i walk through the double doors, trying my best not to look as if i'm in awe. i totally am, but that's not the point. i stop at the desk in front of me and a man looks up, "hello. how can i help you?"

i smile politely, "my names crystal. today's my first day here." the man returned the smile and clapped his hands quickly, "oh yes! we've been expecting you. here, dj!" he yells out to a boy walking past. "this is crystal. you two have study hall together so spend the study hall showing her around please. i've already alerted the professors." he handed me my schedule, and sent me off with dj.

"hi, I'm dj." the boy said calmly, shaking my hand. "so this is the great hall. we put up trophies and stuff around here. you run track right? maybe you can get us another trophy."

i furrow my eyebrows. how'd he know I ran track? "yea, i do. how'd you know?"

he looked back at me with one of those 'now you know.' looks. "word gets around fast here. especially when it comes to sports. as soon as anyone who actually has the potential to make us look good, everyone here's on them. and you happen to have that potential." dj explained as we walk past a group of boys staring. 'what they staring at?' i thought to myself.

"like sharife there, when people found out he was coming it was hectic as hell. everyone made sure to be there when he first walked through the doors." i nodded, not really caring. dj's telling me too much about other people and not what's benefiting me.

"ok, and where's the things that I'm here for? cosmetology class, track and field....?" i asked. dj looked taken back, hurt almost. "oh sorry." he muttered, walking forward a bit.

"damn girl you ain't want to hear about my boy sharife?" a light skinned boy asked walking up with his arm wrapped around another boys shoulder. "no. i want to hear about what's going to get me to graduate and get myself successful. unless you're going to take me there move along."

the boy smacked his lips and walked to where they were supposed to be.

-

"and this is the lunch room," dj said right as the bell rung. "and this is our lunch period. you can sit with me if you'd like." i nodded my head yes and thanked dj.

the tour took longer than expected. i'm sure he stretched it out to avoid going to his classes.

i sat down with my lunch i brought from home and watched the different cliques congregate.

• sharife's point of view

"that's her rife. you can't even say she not bad." my boy chris told me, pointing at a darkskin girl across the cafeteria. "no she's not bad, and you're down bad. sit yo ass down and quit pointing." i told him. "you just saying that cause all you do is simp for lightskins nigga."

everybody at the table laughed and i smacked my lips. "how's that gone for you? all them lightskins is hoes. and flat. she got ass, face, and she athletic."

"she's a runner she's a track star." jason started singing.

"don't matter." i said, getting tired of their bull.

"i bet you won't ask her on a date scary ass nigga. $20."

"no. she's a darkskin bro, get the fuck on."

"you wouldn't mess with a good girl jus cause she's a darkskin? colorist ass nigga man." i ignored him.

just as the bell rung, i got up and threw my trash away to get to my next class. right after throwing my trash away I turned around and bumped into the same girl the boys was talking about.

"watch where you going." i said through my teeth.

"nigga you bumped into me. watch where you're going." she spat back. "lucky i threw my trash away already cause if it would've spilled on me i would've been hot."

'you already are.' i said in my head.

now wait a minute.

nigga you was just preaching that you didn't like darkskins now this one got you acting up?

she talked back. other girls would giggle like it was funny, but she wasn't going for that shit.

she was different.

-

i walked into my history class to see the same girl. there was a boy leaned against her desk. who was he? i've never seen him in this class before. why was they so close?

i sat behind them and stared the dude down, trying to tell him to go away.

be

he ignored me and kept flirting with her, and her ass flirted back.

i know i said i ain't care earlier, but seeing her talk to another dude was a no. i'll be damned before i see her get with another dude.

when the bell rung to signal the start of class, he moved across the room. i tore off a piece of my paper and wrote my phone number.

as i was about to slide it to her, i realized how scary that was. she was a bold girl, who definitely matched my energy, so if she was anything like me she wouldn't want a number slid to her on a paper, she'd want someone to actually talk to her, so i waited until after class.

when the bell rung, i hopped out my seat as quickly as possible.

"sorry about earlier... i'm sharife." i said quickly, leaning into her desk. she eyed me for a second then stuck her hand out. "you're the famous sharife? i'm crystal."

"well crystal, i found you really pretty... would you maybe like to go on a date with me?" i said, nervously.

"yea." she said smiling.