FOLLOWED

"No-one likes a mad woman; you made her like that."

⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
Followed

⎯⎯⎯

After a few days of staying in Jackson, Maria gave Willow the 'okay' to stay for a while longer. In truth, she didn't want to leave Ellie, and she wanted to be comfortable for once. So, the two girls stayed at Ellie's house for the time being, whilst Willow 'figured out what she wanted to do', in Maria's words. A girl who never had comfort in her life, and a girl who had comfort but not the right kind. They fit almost perfectly together.

A knock sounded on Ellie's door, and she was forced to relieve her position on her new couch. She was laying down on the recliner part, letting Willow rest her head on her thighs and have a slight bit of sleep after Seattle. The older girl sighed, slipping out from under Willow's head and standing up. She stretched for a moment, cracking her neck and pulling her hands above her head. It had been a while since she had gotten to properly relax like that.

Ellie groaned as another loud knock called from the door. "I'm coming! I'm coming!" She sighed, stepping over to the front door and opening it.

In front of her stood a girl she had never seen before. She looked around Willow's age, which was only a few months off from Ellie's. Blonde hair tied in a ponytail, an orange button-up shirt, who was she? She wouldn't have been let into Jackson if she weren't hurt or in need of help, so Ellie didn't question Maria's ability to decipher an enemy from a potential ally. She didn't want to bring it up with her, anyway, or the woman would most definitely rebuttal with Willow's situation.

The girl across from Ellie blinked a few times, almost trying to recognize her. She stepped forward, pressing the barrel of a gun to her stomach discreetly. "You bitch, you didn't even leave him in peace, he would've been fine!"

Ellie looked at her, eyes widened. "Who the fuck are you? Why are you here?"

"Let me in, and I might just let you live for ten minutes longer." The girl spat. Ellie looked to Willow, who began to stir on the couch. The teenager complied, stepping back and letting the stranger inside. She still had the gun pointed at Ellie, ready to fire whenever. The girl shut the door behind them, still looking at the teenager skeptically.

Willow's eyes batted open, only to see a strange blonde-haired woman standing across from Ellie. She looked downwards, spotting a gun being directly pointed at her friend's stomach. Willow silently slipped off of the couch, digging underneath it and finding Ellie's spare gun. She pulled her dust-covered arm out from underneath, shaking some of the dirt off. The safety wasn't on the gun, so she quickly stood up, pointing it at the strange girl.

"Step the fuck away from her." Willow's voice wavered a bit, but she didn't show any weakness. The gun was fully loaded, just in case. She knew that.

The girl seethed, pushing the gun further towards Ellie's stomach. "You shoot me, I shoot her."

Ellie's eyes showed nothing. No panic, nothing. But Willow could tell that she was scared, scared of losing herself. Scared of dying. And Willow was scared too, her neck had acquired a lump, and she gulped it down. She didn't want to lose Ellie, not like that. Willow swore under her breath, pulling her gun downwards and away from the girl. Her eyebrows quivered as she bit back a panicked yell. If anybody knew what was happening, the stranger would shoot Ellie. No doubt about it.

"Even if you shoot me, you're both gonna fuckin' die tonight." The girl announced. "And so is everyone else in this town."

⎯⎯⎯