LOOKOUT

"I know my love should be celebrated, but you tolerate it."

⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯

CHAPTER TWENTY
Lookout

⎯⎯⎯

The only thing that would keep Robin's mind off of- well, everything- would be going on patrols and assignments. For the first time, Isaac seemed genuinely concerned for her when she asked for back-to-back patrol assignments, but he let her go anyway. He had too much on his plate to deal with Robin's emotional releases, she just needed something to distract herself. So, that's how she found herself on one of the lookout towers on the edge of the stadium.

She hadn't been out to that checkpoint in a long time, even though it was close to the large WLF stadium. Robin opened the door to the skyscraper office, quickly glossing over all its contents. The log was still on the desk, so she shrugged her backpack off, looking at it. The last entry was weeks ago, which was a bad sign. What if Scars made their way up to the lookout? They would have an easy sniping point straight into the stadium. Robin shook her head, picking up an old pencil and writing in the log.

'August 6th – It's Ollie and Robin. We got to the checkpoint safely like Isaac advised. Kam's still nowhere to be found. No infected in sight. Scar interference possible.'

It was nothing but the truth. The number of infected had gone down drastically over the duration of the prior weeks, but the number of Scars around had increased. They were taking out the infected at rapid rates, at least- that's who she hoped was taking them out. Robin was unsure what was worse. People with actual consciousness, or people that weren't people anymore. The two were almost equal in danger, if you thought about it hard enough.

Robin just hoped she wouldn't come across any on her patrol.

And luckily, she didn't. But it only made her mind wander to the fact that there were little to no attacks on the WLF recently. What was going on?

⎯⎯⎯