THEY'RE BACK

"I know my love should be celebrated, but you tolerate it."

⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
They're Back

⎯⎯⎯

Robin's two temporary housemates, Dina and Jesse, had left early in the morning for a patrol, so she was left to her own devices. There was nothing interesting to do in the house, so she stood on the front porch, letting a light, cool breeze brush against her cheeks. She watched as the residents of Jackson walked along the roads, enjoying the comfortable life that they lived. Sunshine began to poke through the mountains, letting light pour onto the streets and people that were walking around.

She looked over to the large gates, watching from afar as they opened. She spotted Dina and Jesse standing just in front of them, embracing two people who had just come in. Robin stepped off of the porch to get a better look, gazing at two girls who had just arrived. She didn't want to go out on a limb and assume it was Willow and Ellie, so she stayed covert, opting to walk to one of the restaurants in Jackson, instead of killing them at the gates.

The restaurant wasn't too packed, so Robin could pick a seat wherever she wanted. She chose a booth at the back, sliding against the leather and relaxing for a bit. It had been a long time since she had gotten to sit in a restaurant peacefully, and although the constant bustling of people was distracting, it made her feel like she was in a real restaurant. Jackson was the closest she would ever get to her dreams as a young girl, and her mind slowly realized that.

Dina, Jesse, and the two girls from the gate walked in, sliding into the booth in front of Robin's. Their conversation wasn't loud enough to eavesdrop, so the WLF member slid out and into the washrooms to stall. She needed a better position, which would most likely be sitting in the seat directly behind where the others had sat instead of the one pressed against the wall. She gazed into her reflection, trying not to psych herself out. She had to avenge them.

By the time she got back out of the washroom, the conversation at the table had picked up, amplifying her ability to drop in on the conversation. Robin sat down and simply listened, beginning to pick at the skin surrounding her nails. She looked at the fireplace on the wall across from her, the embers crackling against the iron chain restraints. She focused on the people behind her, trying not to get distracted once again.

Jesse's voice was identifiable to Robin as he spoke. "-You're telling me that you got to the stadium, and got the list of all of the members of the WLF?" He asked. The girls were definitely the ones who had killed Ollie and Kam, there was no doubt in Robin's mind. She was thankful that she had chosen a fake name, as she knew that Ollie had her name highlighted in his list. It was a sweet gesture, but it wasn't the best for situations like those.

"Yup." One of the girls replied, her voice much more serious. "Can we talk about something else, though?" Why would she be uncomfortable? Robin was furious. She had no right to be traumatized by killing someone who had a family. Ollie was like a father to her, and his death had left her scarred for life. The girls who killed him had no right to want to not talk about it.

"Yeah, of course." Dina replied softly. "Ellie, you should talk to Joel. He was really worried about you when you sped off with Willow." Robin contemplated that. Was she close to Joel? Was she acquaintances with the father of the girl she needed to kill? It wouldn't change her plans. It couldn't change her plans. Not when she was so close to them.

"No, no, I can't." Ellie stated harshly. Robin heard her sigh, as if she didn't mean to snap. "Sorry, but not now. He can stay worried about me."

"Ellie, I think he really cares about you." The other girl, Willow, reassured. "I don't know the extent of what you two have been through, but you should give him a chance."

Robin had heard enough. She swung her body around the booth swiftly and made an exit, looking at Ellie and Willow. She still didn't know which was which, but she could easily follow them to wherever they went home. Of course, she'd wait a while to attack. As much as she hated to admit it, she loved the feeling of living in Jackson. She convinced herself that she was going to wait because she needed to gain the trust of the people around her, but she always knew that it wasn't the case.

⎯⎯⎯