WHERE IS HE?

"I know my love should be celebrated, but you tolerate it."

⎯⎯⎯

⎯⎯⎯

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
Where Is He?

⎯⎯⎯

The WLF member sat up abruptly from her position on her empty and cold bed. Her face was in a cold sweat, her eyelashes drooped down as she realized she was completely alone in the king bed. Robin sighed, rubbing her face and peeling the blankets off her body. She needed to find Kam. She needed to say goodbye to him one last time, maybe even watch him as he slowly turned. Maybe she would even take a bite for him. Whatever she did, she would never, under any circumstances, kill him.

She got up off her bed and left her room, regaining her energy slowly. She didn't have the best sleep the night before but given what had happened earlier in the day- it was understandable. Robin was still in a horrible mood, and she didn't feel like going out for assignments. Isaac had put her on a team to go out and get more intel on the people in Santa Barbara that were allegedly Fireflies, but she just couldn't. Not without knowing that Kam was alive as an infected.

A loud knock came at the door, and Robin groaned. It was going to be one of Isaac's men, she was sure of it. They were hounding her ass to get ready for the Santa Barbara trip. She begrudgingly slid her feet across the floor and opened the wooden door, only to reveal Ollie. His eyes were wide, and his breath was heavy, and his eyes were filled with guilt. Robin ushered him in without a word, closing the door behind him and letting him sit on the couch.

Ollie shuddered as he sat down, scooching over just enough for Robin to sit behind him. She looked at him with a questioning gaze, not wanting to push him to give answers. But she still needed them. They stayed in a comfortable silence for a few more moments, letting the wind push through the windows and brush against their hair. Autumn was slowly creeping into the desolate world, and it was showing by creating colder winds.

Robin looked to Ollie, watching as he opened his mouth agape. "Kam bit Elliot and Julien." He revealed, making the woman's face turn into one of shock. He couldn't have done that, could he?

She gulped. "Where is he?" She asked.

"I can't-"

"Where is he?!" Robin yelled, much more harshly that time. She needed to know where Kam was, she needed to get to him and check in on him, and make sure he was okay.

"We dropped him off at the Seattle Hotel." Ollie paused, taking a shuddered breath. "I was going to get some food for him so he could be healthy until he turned, but-" He gulped, brushing his grey beard with his shaky hands. "But by the time I got back, Elliot and Julien had shot each other. Two bites on each of their arms."

The woman gasped for air, her mind circling around the fact that her boyfriend was infected. "Can I see him, please?" She asked timidly. Usually, in situations like those, she would demand to be taken to him, she wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. But Robin felt ill with guilt and sorrow, her voice could barely handle yelling only three words. She hadn't drunk enough water, eaten enough, or moved around in the last day and a half, she was killing herself slowly.

"Robin, when I got there, Kam was dead."

"No-" She sobbed, her head falling into the palm of her hand. The man she had grown to love for five years- even in a post-apocalyptic world- was gone. Robin cried, her eyes straining due to the lack of sleep and the number of tears falling into her hand. Ollie placed his hand over her back, trying to soothe and comfort her as she bawled. Her whole world was crashing down on her, and she barely had anything to live for anymore.

She sniffled, wiping her nose and trying to let her eyes dry. Robin could barely speak; her voice was so hoarse that nothing came out. Ollie was patient with her, and let her cry without moving onto another topic. He knew how much she loved Kam; Robin knew that. She continued to breathe heavily as she tried to calm herself down. As much emotions she was pulling herself through in the moment, she had to stay strong.

Ollie pulled his hand from Robin's back, letting it fall into his lap lightly. "I know who killed him, if you want to find them." He revealed.

The woman turned to him. "What?"

"Some kids from that old county we have a lookout near." Ollie replied. "Jackson- I think."

"How do you know?"

"They were standing on the balcony outside of the hotel." He stated, fidgeting with his hands still placed in his lap. "I recognized them, Robin. One of them was the girl."

The man Robin had been friends with all her life was in that Firefly lab all those years ago. He had made it out unscathed, luckily, but seeing his friends and co-workers die alongside him was enough to scar him for life. That's why Ollie joined the WLF. Of all people, he would know damn well what the girl- the cure- looked like. He saw her first-hand. He watched through a safe room as the smuggler carried her out of the lab. Robin trusted his judgement.

"That fucking bitch." She swore, standing up suddenly. "I'm going to kill her and her stupid friend."

Ollie stood up after her, placing a hand on her shoulder to stop her from doing anything brash. "Calm down, okay?" He spoke softly. "We'll get them, I promise. But we can't make any decisions yet, Isaac is still on our ass about the whole 'Santa Barbara' thing."

Robin turned to him; a frown plastered on her face as she furrowed her eyebrows deeply. "Don't you want to kill them? This could be your chance to take revenge on the man that killed everyone you loved." She brought up the smuggler, he had to still be with the girl.

"Of course, I do." Ollie replied, grabbing onto both of her shoulders. "But we need to make sure we do it right. We can't have Isaac and his guys coming after us, Robin."

The woman nodded, tears still glistening against the light pouring in through the windows. They were stained on her cheeks and still looming in her eyes, creating a glossy effect. "Promise me that you won't let this go, Ollie." She stated. "Because even if you do, I'm going to Jackson."

He hesitantly nodded, pulling a sigh of relief from Robin. "I promise."

⎯⎯⎯