Chapter Sixty-Seven

We've been back on campus for two weeks

We've been back on campus for two weeks. My time was consumed with school work, making sure I got the best grade I could achieve. Jaylen's preoccupied with basketball, as always. Conditioning, practices and games took up most of the hours in his days.

Luckily, I've been staying at his place since we got back. So, I saw him late at night and early mornings. Even when he got home, he would be holed up in his study room, finishing off final projects and assignments for his classes. Basically, we've only ever seen each other when he sleeps and eats.

I didn't mind at all. In my free time, I'd spend time with Mona as much as I could before I had to leave for New York. She's still quiet about Seth and her. She talked about everything but that. I didn't push her either, and I happily listened to her rant about boys and annoying classmates in her class.

Most of my clothes resided in Jaylen's closet. The dorm was half-empty, and Mona didn't mind at all. There was more room for extra-curricular activities, she said. When she wasn't missing me, she occupied her time with school and boys. But, she was still sad about me moving to New York, yet she didn't do anything to stop me.

Chris began the process of moving to Cali. He sent me Vi's number as a contact in New York to look at places for us, so I would also have a friend there. He knew how much I hated making new friends, and I liked to keep the tight-knit group I already had, so he took the next step for me.

I assumed Jaylen, and I would be living together. When I discussed attending NYU with Aunt Dianne, I didn't mention living in a dorm. Plus, I wanted to start being independent (sort of) and pay bills and all of the stuff adults do. It also meant I had to get a job.

Actually, Jaylen and I haven't discussed anything regarding the move to New York. When he wasn't practicing with Ridgeview, he was driving down to Brooklyn to practice with them. Sometimes I came with him, keeping him company at the hotel and such. The other times I'd stay back at his place. I felt terrible for him, with all of that driving back and forth. But once state championships were over, he'd permanently move there.

Other than that, the last two weeks have been amazing. Most nights, the person I loved the most had their arms wrapped around me, his heartbeats lulling me to sleep. We had breakfast together; that was our thing. We caught up during that time and drove together to campus. I'd cook dinner enough for the both of us, for whenever he got in that night.

All my life, I've been loved. My parents, Chris, Mona and Aunt Winona, all loved me. So, I had a pretty good idea of what love was supposed to feel like. With Jaylen, it was nowhere near the familiar feeling I grew up with. The way we loved one another was astronomical. The way the moon went down just so the sun would come up. 

It was a Saturday morning, and Jaylen had a game later this afternoon. I always woke up before him, given his body was worn out from all the physical activities he'd been doing. This also included us having sex every night. Even when he was tired, he'd still pound inside me as if it was his last burst of energy for the day.