Chapter 2

Officer Dubs saluted and turned to the exit to go after the Warden. They hadn't got very far and he could still see them when he left the building. The avians bright golden wings gave them away.

They ran into the trees and disappeared for a bit. Dubs snuck up to the tree line and peered into the forest. There were two people with the avian and Smith didn't know which was the Warden. So he ran into the forest and hid in the bushes not too far away from where they were sitting.

The one in a suit was crying and the avian was comforting him. Dubs knew a little about the Warden, it had super hearing and was blind. He could use this to his advantage.

The one in a suit was sitting behind a fallen down tree as the others stood. He shifted his weight onto his other foot and a branch snapped. Two didn't realise but the one with blue hair and horns did. So that was the Warden. It scratched its horns and hunched its shoulders. It knew something was around.

The avian took hold of its wrists and calmed it down. Dubs squinted his eyes and the avian went to sit beside the one in the suit. It looked like he was distressed. Dubs almost let his emotions take over him before he remembered his mission.

He stopped and thought about what to do for a minute before slowly moving and causing the bushes to rustle slightly. The Warden snapped its head towards Dubs and stood up. The avian continued talking to the crying man. He hadn't noticed what was happening. Dubs took hold of the bush and shook it again softly.

The Warden walked forwards slowly. He reached his hand out to feel when the bush was near and Dubs moved back a bit. It kept walking forwards to find what was making the noise, Dubs kept moving back in response.

The Warden rustled the bushes loudly when it walked carelessly through them, Dubs looked over to the avian but he was still unaware. After finding the cause of the noise it turned around and almost walked away.

Almost.

Dubs put a hand over its mouth and an arm around its waist. This stopped it from making noise as he dragged it away. Walking backwards away from the avian let Dubs see that they were now concerned about where their friend had gone. Dubs scowled and started walking faster, the Warden still struggling to get away.

It was yelling muffled words as Dubs managed to pull it for a little while before giving up and dropping the Warden. Its head whacked off a tree root and it stopped moving. Dubs sat on a rock nearby and contemplated what to do. He had no idea where they were concerning Concorp.

He stayed where he was for a little while, catching his breath until he heard voices. His ears immediately tuned into the conversation.

"Maybe he isn't here. Maybe we've searched for too long."

Dubs stopped moving and looked over to the passed out Warden. It was starting to move due to the noise. There was a pause as both Dubs and the speaker was filled with worry for what the other would say.

"Ok."

Dubs breathed a sigh of relief as he heard footsteps walk away and soon silence. They were so close to finding their friend. The Warden was stirring and almost waking up, and Dubs didn't know what to do.

What could he do?