Chapter 7

TW// Strong language

Cub walked slightly behind the pythons, watching hope drain from Iskalls face as he passed more and more of his hybrid friends. But when they got back to unfamiliar hybrids, Iskall spoke. His voice was merely a whisper but the vex heard.

"Stress"

As Cub opened his mouth to reply a cruel thought came across him.
'He doesn't remember what cell Stress was in. The one across from him. He doesn't know that. He thinks we've done something to her."

"Stress is none of your concern."

Cub kept his face stone-faced as he replied. Iskalls face went white as paint. The rest of the journey was done in silence.

At the same time Iskall was being transported, Wels was too. Both were shoved into a dark room. And the doors were slammed shut. Iskall tried to get up and retaliate but realised it would be useless. Wels, on the other hand, retaliated.

"LET ME OUT OF HERE YOU MOTHERFUCKING VEXES. YOU DON'T... YOU CANT... YOU CAN'T KEEP ME HERE FOREVER."

Iskall recognised the voice and could put a face to it, but he couldn't remember the name of whoever this person was. And he didn't want to. It was banging on walls and trying to knock down the door. It looked dangerous.

The hybrid had black poofy hair and dark red eyes. It wore a long-sleeved grey T-shirt and black leggings that looked like they would go under armour. And he looked like a familiar man.

His hair started to turn blonde from the roots, slowly moving outwards until his whole head was blonde. His red eyes changed to blue and Iskall moved away from him more. He was a vex. Iskall clutched over his ears and tucked his head in, trying to prepare himself for another punch to the stomach or something worse.

But the only thing that came was sobs. After seeing Scar lie Iskall knew better than to just trust someone and feel bad for them. As much as he wanted to help this strange man, he couldn't bring himself to.

Wels turned and sat down on his knees with his left hand on the wall and his head resting on it. Not that the swede could see but tears were streaming down his face.

After sitting in almost complete silence for a couple of minutes he spun himself around on his knees so his back was slumped against the wall and Iskall finally got a good look at his face. He knew this man. Definitely. But where from? Why?

Wels was looking at the ceiling and as he glanced at Iskall his eyes lit up. Iskall shifted, uncomfortable with the way the 'vex' was looking at him.

He whispered his name.
"Iskall?"

The swede screamed and scrambled to get as far away from the 'vex' as possible. Hands still clutched over his ears he shoved his back against the wall roughly as the Wels' eyes shot open in realisation. He stood up and started walking towards Iskall.

"Iskall it's me. It's me. You're ok. What's wrong?"

"Get the FUCK AWAY FROM ME"

Wels stumbled backwards at the sudden speech.

"Iskall what's gotten into you?"

The swede started breathing heavily. Why was he still saying his name? Why did Concorp put them in a room together? Why was it still trying to reach out and touch him?

Iskall shoved his hand away and kicked his shins. Wels recoiled in pain before reaching forwards and grabbing both of the swedes wrists. He kept kicking his legs and Wels had to carefully avoid them.

"Iskall... Iskall... woah speak to me... it's ok..."

But Iskall didn't listen. He could hardly hear Wels due to how much he just wanted this man to get off of him. To let go. To be out of this room. Wels realised that talking wasn't working.

So he pulled his old, long lost best friend, into a hug. Iskall's eyes widened and he melted into the much-needed hug. His brain was still going a hundred miles an hour though. Planning.

As soon as Wels started to let go, Iskall grabbed his arm and tested it so Wels was lying face down on the ground, flat on his stomach. The swede stood up and put a foot on his back.

Wels' eyes went red again and his hair turned black. But Iskall didn't relax. The 'vex' was out of his mind for all he knew but that didn't mean he was out of danger.

"ISKALL LET GO OF ME. WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU."

"STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MY MIND YOU CREEP."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'STAY OUT YOUR MIND' I CAN'T GO IN YOUR MIND STUPID."

The screaming match continued for some time, all while Hels was struggling to get out from under Iskall's grasp.

"ISKALL GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?"

"I WON'T LET YOU INSIDE MY MIND YOU GODDAMN VEX"

Hels burst into laughter and his hair and eyes quickly returned to blonde and blue. Iskall couldn't see the change of eye colour due to Wels being on his stomach but the change of hair freaked him out. He pushed his foot further into the 'vex's' spine. At the pain, his hair and eyes changed again. Hels was back.

"Dude can you stop doing that it hurts like hell."

Iskall's muscles slightly relaxed for a split second and Hels seized his moment. He brought his arm around and pulled Iskalls leg to the side. The swede collapsed inwards and landed on Hels' back. He was up in a second and was back to Wels in the same moment.

"Wh... why are you so calm? What is wrong with you." Iskall was on the ground and didn't exactly have the benefit of the situation. For all he knew this 'vex' could be planning his next attack from inside his mind already.

Wels' face dropped instantly.

"What has this place done to you?"