2

"Woah. Are you ok?" She heard the man faintly say as her hearing faded over to settle into static. The feeling of her back hit the floor, hard, as the wind was knocked out of her made her grunt. She heard a maniacal laugh that fit the same one from earlier as her senses faded, lulling her into a dreamless sleep.

---------------

Venus woke with chills on her body. She sat straight up taking in her surroundings. Her vision had cleared now and her hearing aswell. She had dreamt of nothing, although since the last memories she had were of the unseen being, she didn't know if she had ever dreamt at all.

"You're awake" a worried almost frantic voice spoke from behind her. She turned to see the man from earlier coming up a ladder. She looked around the room now, recognizing it as Technoblade's. Ah. That explains the chills then, and the lack of energy.

"I'm so sorry once again. I didn't realize I had bumped into you that hard"

The boy walked over to her sitting on the edge of the bed where she rested. This time when she looked at him she could see the memory from when they first met. She could feel how bad he felt about bumping into her, well, her bumping into him. There was also the faint memory of him trying to drag her to the portal before giving up and going to get Techno.

"It isn't your fault. I should've been paying attention. Besides you couldn't have known I would come barreling out of the door" Venus spoke lifting a hand up to rest on his shoulder.

He sighed looking down at his hands before looking back up slightly to meet her eyes. "Oh and I had a question I wanted to ask you"

"Mhm?"

"Are you like me? A hybrid I mean" he questioned gesturing to her face.

She looked down at her hands remembering something else the unseen being had said to her "You may be a vessel for the memories of this world, but that does not make you any less living. And for that we will give you a natural means of protecting yourself. You will be a mortal being, but you will have the power to connect and control the plants of the human realm. This power will allow you to protect yourself and others, and bring life back to any land that needs it. And as for who you are, you will be the one to decide that"

She looked up at the man and simply said "No" before willing the plants to unhand her right side. She must have protected herself in her sleep, well tried to anyways.

"Whoa what'd you just do? Wait were those plants? I thought you were half zombie or somethin. I'm half enderman and half- I have no clue actually" he laughed standing up from the bed.

"You never actually told me your name."

"Oh right. Well I'm Ranboo. I never got your name either, but Technoblade says it's Vinus" he said slowly heading towards the ladder as you spoke to one another.

"No, it's Venus. Not Vinus" she laughed standing up to stretch from her sleep. The feeling to ask Ranboo about the smile and the crown, that looked oddly similar to his, nagged at her brain. But she pushed those thoughts aside and followed him over to the ladder plastering a smile on her face.

Once they had both climb down the ladder they were met with the tired gaze of a certain pigman. Venus could tell by just looking at him that he hadn't slept in quite a while. Partially because Venus had slept in his bed and partially because he had some type of insomnia. Upon seeing that Venus was finally awake he begrudgingly rose from his seat and began to scale the ladder to his room.

"I expect both of you to be out of here by the time I'm up" he spoke before disappearing into the floor above them.

"Well then we'd better get going" Ranboo laughed "do you feel well enough to walk to my house" he asked pointing towards the doors

"I should be fine, but before we go, do you have anything warm you could spare me, and my Tv, where is it?"

"Umm- Yeah actually. Give me a second your Tv is also down there" he spoke before climbing down the ladder to another floor of the house.
After a moment she saw his head poke up from the opening where the ladder hung. Once he was back up he handed her a cloak and the large old box Tv. The cloak was a quite simple dark grey, with a white lining, though in the hood and around the neckline it was lined with a faux fur instead. There was also hand sewn embroidery lining the front seams and hood.

Venus quickly put the cloak on over her clothes, which consisted simply of a black graphic tee-shirt, and light washed jeans. She turned the TV around in her hands and when she could finally put it on properly the screen lit back up.

They left Techno's house and headed to a small home in the side of a hill. As they walked Venus noticed that the sun had begun to rise signaling the start to a new day. She felt bad for kicking Techno out of his bed, but, honestly, if he wanted to sleep he could've just dropped her off at Ranboo's house.

Once they were inside two small cats approached her. They rubbed against her boots, meowing and looking up at her, beckoning for her to bend over and pet them. She happily obliged, bending down to scratch one of the cats. Upon first glance they both looked identical, but upon taking a closer look she could tell that one of them was a lighter grey than the other and had a small white patch on its chest that resembled an eye of ender. The other was jet black and had green and yellow eyes he looked quite majestic and moved like liquid around her feet.

"That's enderchest, and the grey one is ender eye" Ranboo spoke taking off the suit coat he had been wearing when you first met him.

"They're very cute"

"Aren't they? I found them wandering around not too far from here" he said reaching down to scratch ender eye under the chin.

Both of them made their ways through his house, climbing up the stairs and then down the ladder as Ranboo gave a short tour. He gathered various materials from his chests once you were in the basement. It looked as if he spent a lot of time down here.

"You're new here so I'm guessing you don't have a home, right?" Ranboo spoke rummaging through one of his large chests hidden away in a wall

"Yes I'm new, and no I don't" she spoke observing the room she was in. The basement wasn't dark or dingy, in fact there were some villagers stood together laughing and chatting with each other in one part of the room, in a language Venus didn't understand. It felt cozy down here with the lanterns and grass and sugar cane.

"Well your welcome to stay here until you can build your own place." Ranboo said with a huff as he began climbing the ladder "oh and one more thing, steer clear of the egg"

1225 words
These take me longer to write but it's just because I like working on this story as a side project :)