Chapter 19

Daniel felt awful. He felt stupid. He felt angry. He felt annoyed. He was sat in his drenched grey jogging bottoms. His piss had plastered them to his thighs, and he was cold and uncomfortable.

He was sat atop an equally drenched booster seat, in the back of Alfred's car. The windows had all been wound down to help air out the smell.

It had been about 30 minutes since Danny had wet himself. His phone was still lying on the front passenger seat and Alfred refused to pass it over to him. He was bored and he didn't really know what to do with himself. Defeated in his situation, he sat there feeling glum and sulked.

Now that Danny had stopped screaming, crying and kicking, Alfred was happy. Every time he glanced into his rearview mirror at Danny's red eyes, his defeated face and the huge wet patch across his trousers, Alfred's heart did a little jig.

Danny's little accident was one of the best things he had ever witnessed. And the fact that Danny was now perched onto a booster seat was even better. He clearly wasn't a 23yr old man at all, he was just a silly, little boy that didn't go to the loo when daddy told him to.

They drove past a sign saying, 'Services 6m'. Then a few minutes later a larger sign displaying the various facilities at the upcoming station. Alfred knew he wasn't going to exit and drive into that service station. It was normally quite a busy one and with today's traffic jams, it would probably be even busier. He wanted to clean Danny up somewhere a little quieter for his safety and privacy. He was also thoroughly enjoying stealing glances of his soggy, silly boy in a booster seat. 'I must get a picture of this one, even if he sees and gets mad, it'll still be worth it' Alfred told himself.

"Alfred, you're in the wrong lane," mumbled Danny. He had noticed that they weren't in the lane to turn off for the service station.

Alfred pretended to ignore him.

"Alfred." Danny said a little louder this time, concerned that Alfred hadn't heard him.

Alfred paused. Then responded.

"Yes, Danny." He said, whilst peeking at Danny's soggy pants again.

"You're going to miss the turning."

Alfred didn't respond and continued driving.

"Alfred! Turn off! You promised we would go to the next services!" Danny whined, he desperately wanted to get out of his cold, wet clothes.

"I promised the next services so you could go to the toilet. Now you've wet yourself we're going to another one instead." Alfred retorted, firmly.

"NO! That's not fair!!" Danny began to yell. He ran his hands through his hair and kicked the passenger seat in front of him.

"Daniel. Stop." Alfred commanded. "Trust me. That service station is going to be very busy, you won't be able to get changed without people watching. And I'm sure you don't want that to happen, do you?"

Danny slumped down. He certainly did not want anyone seeing him get changed out of his wet clothes.

15 minutes later, Alfred pulled into another service station. It was even quieter than he had expected. He parked into the furthest corner away from shops, where no other car was parked.

Alfred quickly grabbed his phone and carefully took a few pictures of Danny over his shoulder. Danny was too busy fumbling with his seatbelt to notice.

Satisfied with the pictures, Alfred climbed out of the car and opened up the boots. He took out a pair of thin white shorts, a packet of wipes, a nappy bag and one of Danny's navy pullups.