Chapter 21

The man ran across the roof of the red Ford Focus, before front-flipping onto a grey Vauxhall Corsa. He landed neatly on the black tarmac of the motorway, before jumping on top of a National Express coach that roared down the road.

Danny moved his hand, his fingers pretending to be the man's legs. He quickly launched his "man" upwards, letting him run across another car roof. Daniel was desperately bored, Alfred refused to return his phone or toys back. "You need to sit and think about what you've done" Alfred had chastised, and now Daniel had sat for an hour and thought for just as long. And now he was bored, with nothing to do but pretend a man with ninja-like skills was running alongside the car.

Alfred glanced back, 'at least he's behaving now,' he thought to himself, watching Danny move his fingers. Alfred smiled and continued to head up the motorway.

"....Alfred are we going to be stopping soon?" Danny broke the silence.

"Daniel we're hours away. We are incredibly behind schedule and I don't really want to stop until we get there." Alfred said firmly. He paused for a moment and then continued.

"....why?" He asked, slightly suspicious.

Danny paused, he didn't want to admit that his bladder was not far from bursting and that he desperately needed to go to the toilet again.

Danny swallowed his pride, "I need to go to the toilet, Alfred," he said gingerly.

"Daniel! We've barely been driving an hour since our last stop! Can you not hold it in?" Alfred quizzed.

"I'm already bursting!"

"Danny we can't stop every 60 minutes. At this rate, we'll never get there!" Alfred groaned, exasperated. They had just been getting up to a good pace, the roads were clear and the sun was intermittently bursting through the clouds. And now Danny needed the toilet...again!

"I know! I'll be quick I promise!"

10 minutes later, Alfred pulled over into a service station. Alfred opened the rear passenger door and Danny darted out, clenching at his groin.

5 minutes later he was back in the car, with a freshly emptied bladder. Alfred drove on.

45 minutes after leaving the last service station, Danny's bladder had the same feeling of being uncomfortably full.

"...Alfred. Please can we stop again?"

Alfred's mouth dropped. "Not again, Daniel!" He asked annoyed, "we've barely moved."

"I know I just..." Danny trailed off, succumbing to his embarrassment, his cheeks getting redder.

"No," Alfred said. "Daniel you'll just have to hold it. We're not stopping for at least another 100 miles."

"But Alfred-" Danny began, but Alfred interjected smoothly.

"But Alfred, what?" Alfred spat the words out forcefully. " We're behind schedule, if you can't keep it in then you'll have to use the pull-up, won't you?"

"WHAT?" thundered Daniel, he couldn't believe Alfred would even suggest that.

"Well, that is its intended use, Daniel." Alfred retorted calmly.

"NO!" Danny yelled back, he wasn't having this. "Just pull over, I'll be quick! Literally just 5 minutes!"

"I said 'No' Danny," Alfred said, nonchalantly.

Danny kicked the front passenger seat in front of him, squarely with his foot.  Making a loud thudding sound.

"Daniel. Don't. You. Dare." Alfred said firmly, trying hard to not yell.