Chapter 19: The Heart-Ache

Percy POV

I had to pull over my car. I could barely see the road because of the tears ravaging and burning my eyes. As I parked my car at the side of the road, I got another phone call from Annabeth.

I denied the phone call immediately.

What was the point of talking to her? Wise Girl told me exactly how she felt about me and my personality. It hurt so much that that's how she saw me after everything that we've experienced together in the past two months.

It also hurt that it was Annabeth, a person I had fallen for.

Another phone call rang, and I was about to deny it before realizing that it was Grover. As soon as I answered, Grover started talking.

"Percy, are you okay? What happened?"

"I'm all right, Grover. I, I'm sorry for pushing you earlier."

"Don't worry about it. I'm just concerned about you," he said. His voice was filled with worry.

My thoughts were a jumble right now. I could barely think straight as all the raw emotions ran wildly throughout my mind and body. In times like these, I became impulsive.

"Percy, are you okay?" Grover asked again.

"No, I'm not, but I will be," I said firmly.

Grover paused for a second, but I knew that he was catching on to what I was planning. "Percy, you made it two months. You only have a few weeks left," he pleaded.

"What's the point, Grover? I am in pain right now. The previous cycle was the worst two weeks of my entire cancer's timespan, but I got through it for Annabeth. But now, I can't anymore."

"Percy, listen to me-"

I hung up the phone.

I was in painful wreckage right now, and I was done. I couldn't do it anymore.

My fingers quickly went through my phone before finding a specific contact. She would be the best person to go through with breaking my and Annabeth's deal.

***

Drew Tanaka, the queen bee of Goode High, was already waiting for me outside of my trailer in my apartment's parking garage.

"I told you that it would be me, Percy," she said with a sly smirk.

I simply grabbed her by the waist and smashed my lips onto hers. She quickly started kissing back as the heat spread in our exchange. My back hit the wall of my trailer as her body pressed into mine.

I started to feel the relief that sex brought me. The different chemicals washed over me as I fumbled with the trailer door. Drew and I had experience with each other, so emergency sex wasn't unusual for either one of us.

I tore off her shirt before dropping her onto the small bed. Her lusty eyes gazed over me as I took off my shirt. Ecstacy and lust spread between us as my body pressed down onto hers.

My hands explored her pale skin as we continued our hot make-out session that would easily lead to more.

Annabeth crossed my mind amid our shenanigans, but there was no stopping. Wise Girl stayed on my mind as my night with Drew continued.

I broke the deal that night.

And, I continued to break the deal throughout the winter break.

***

Different girls came by to the trailer every day that I called them.

However, I realized quickly that sex was not the same. Even from the girls that gave the best experiences, the effects of pain relief and distraction only lasted a few hours (not a few days like before).