Chapter 29: The Closet

Annabeth POV

"Wise Girl, what are we doing?" Percy asked as the door closed behind him.

The janitor's closet was crowded with different materials. There were cleaning supplies, school materials, and even a few desks crowded the small, dusty closet.

I looked at Percy. He honestly looked very sick. I've never actually seen him looking so ill, especially when he was outside of his home.

"We're doing this," I whispered before crashing into him.

Our lips connected as Percy's back hit the wall with a soft thud. My arms wrapped around his neck and went into his hair. His hands scurried around my waist in hunger. The skin against my waist, hips, and stomach burned with heat under his bare touch.

Percy lifted me up slightly and pushed forward. This time, I was against the wall as Percy pressed into me. This was probably the closest proximity that we've ever shared.

"Wise Girl," he whispered sensually as his lips trailed down my jaw and onto my neck. Percy was a really good kisser (probably out of experience).

My head leaned up as I moaned in ecstasy.

Honestly, I was ready to do this with Percy. I trusted him completely. Plus, Percy was the kindest, loyalist, and most forgiving person in my life. He's done so much for me.

His lips met mine again as the passion and intensity increased.

How that was even possible was beyond me.

As we kissed, my hands fumbled with his sweatshirt as I tried to get it off.

"Mmm, Annabeth," he slurred between kisses.

"Wise Girl, no, no, stop," he said as all actions between us paused. My eyes opened to stare back at his sparkling sea-green orbs. My hands were under his shirt. I could feel the muscles of his abdomen moving to the rhythm of his heart and lungs.

"We can't, not here," he whispered.

"Why not? Seaweed Brain, I'm ready for this, and I can help you right now," I said firmly.

Percy huffed in a deep breath as he stepped away from me. His hands brushed through his hair as he maintained his distance from me.

I felt a little hurt, honestly, that he didn't want this.

Percy was a player before, so he slept around with random girls before. His cancer further emphasized his desire. Yet, here he was not wanting to have sex with me.

That certainly stabbed deep.

Percy noticed the hurt in my face. I couldn't really hide it.

"Annabeth, I-"

"It's fine, Percy. Let's just go back to the cafeteria," I said as I started making my way to the door.

Percy's body blocked me though, especially since we were trapped in a small room. His hand grabbed my wrist as he pulled me close to him. Our eyes locked into an intense gaze.

"Wise Girl, our first time shouldn't be here (in the freaking janitor's closet) while I'm sick. Trust me, no one wants this more than I do," Percy said earnestly.

Gods, Percy was so sweet. All the hurt simply melted away.

My hands went around his neck again as I kissed him.

"Seaweed Brain, it's the person that makes it special and worthy, not the location or anything," I said quietly.

Our breaths were mixing in the small space separating us.