Chapter 27: The Lipstick

Annabeth POV

"How the hell could you do that, Annabeth?" Katie shrieked as Piper, Thalia, and I walked towards my locker. 

Travis, Katie, and Grover were waiting in front of my locker. Grover looked extremely upset and worried as he talked on the phone. The atmosphere was extremely tense. 

"What's wrong, Katie?" I asked cautiously. 

Katie seemed angry and upset. Travis was slowly rubbing her back to calm her down, but it didn't seem to be helping. Travis himself looked quite emotional. 

"Excuse me?" Katie shouted in indignation. "Everything's wrong. How could you just share news about Percy's cancer with the whole school? That's so messed up!"

"What are you talking about?" I asked in a panic. 

"Annabeth, the whole school knows," Piper said as she looked at her phone. "Look what one of my cheer friends sent me." 

Piper handed me her phone. 

My jaw dropped as I quickly scanned the email. Percy's cancer secret was out for everyone to know, and it was absolutely horrible. 

"Katie, why would you think I did this?" I asked softly. I felt tears and pain build in my chest thinking about what Percy was going through right now. 

"Annabeth, the original email was sent to the 43 girls that were on Percy's list," Thalia said as she looked at the phone. 

"Yeah, and you were the person that Percy gave the list to," Grover exclaimed. He seemed so worried for his best friend, and rightfully so. 

"Guys, the last place I saw the list was in my locker," I said firmly. 

I went forward and scrambled my locker combination into my locker. The door swung open as I scrummaged through the notebooks and papers at the bottom. Thalia and Piper helped me go through my stuff in hopes of finding the list. 

However, I already knew that the list had to be gone. 

Someone took the list from my locker and used it to break Percy. 

"The list is gone," I said softly. This wasn't my fault, and I wasn't going to give whoever was responsible the satisfaction of me blaming myself. I was going to found out who did this, and I was going to confront them and get justice. 

"Oh my god, wait, you're saying someone stole the list and used it," Katie said. 

"Yes, I am," I said angrily. 

"And, I have an idea of who it could be," Thalia growled. 

All of our gazes fell upon Drew stomping down the hallway like she owned the place. It had to be Drew because she explicitly told us that she'd torture Percy for rejecting her. 

"Annabeth, wait, you don't wear lipstick like this," Piper said. 

I watched as Piper took a bright red lipstick out of my locker. That certainly wasn't mine. I barely even wore lipstick, sometimes I put on chapstick though. 

"That's definitely not mine," I said boldly. 

"But, look who does wear bright red. That horrible devil," Thalia growled as she stormed over to Drew and her posse. 

This was my battle. 

I shoved Drew harshly as I approached her. She fell back on the lockers. 

"What the hell?" she shrieked. 

"Drew, you're such a monster. How could you just reveal something personal about Percy to everyone?" I shouted. 

We were gathering a crowd now as everyone was curious about our scuffle.