Chapter 10

PLEASE- this clip

PLEASE- this clip.

———

"You're making breakfast?" I ask Penelope, sitting down on the bar stool as a loud yawn leaves my lips.  It's nine in the morning and both of us are still exhausted from last nights events.

I hadn't even had much to drink last night compared to Penelope, but still enough to have a small hangover. Ashley's drink sure was something.

My hangovers are just like anyone else's; It consists of sleeping, eating and to be left the fuck alone. Penelope's are a bit different...

She gets this sudden burst of motivation to do anything and everything. She reads, she cleans, and does yoga and so on. Last time we had girls night out she ended up buying a sewing machine the day after telling me that she'd only make her own clothes since it's better for the environment.

It was a good idea although it didn't last very long and we ended up returning the machine the same week, but it was a fun few days.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" She asks flipping the pancakes in the frying pan.

"I'm not, it's just that the fire alarm usually tells me when you're in the kitchen." I tease and she looks at me evilly.

"I'm spitting in your coffee," she grumbles and I laugh.

"Okay so I'm assuming we're back in business, right?" I look up at Penelope as she hands me the hopefully-not-spit-in coffee.

"Yes, if you're sure we're okay," she says more like a question while turning her head towards me.

"Yeah, I think we're in the clear," I nod, "Anyways so I have a guy in mind, his name is Ryan Cliff, I just want more information about him."

Last night when Aaron had gone to say bye to his friends I went up to a guy that I had spotted at a table. His eyes had been glued on me the whole evening so I knew I wasn't going to get rejected. Turns out he's a CEO of some rich company so you can imagine how thrilled I was.

"Grab my laptop," she orders me. I open the laptop that's already on the counter and look up at Penelope for any indication on what to do. "Okay now go into my hidden files and disable the privacy software, then press in the code and open the search engine."

I look at her, my mouth hanging open. "I'm sorry what?"

"Ugh, here just let me have it," she says walking over to me. I watch her type in lots of stuff into the computer, I never really understood all of these files stuff and shit. I only know how to work the iPhone.

Suddenly the smell of something burning catches my attention and my eyes dart towards the reeking pancake that's sitting in the frying pan.

"Penelope you forgot the food!" I yell running over to the stove flipping over the charcoal pancake.