Chapter 6

I quickly but not discreetly ran away from Edward Cullen's side. I squeased in next to Bella. Everybody at the table was looking at me, it look like I was walking with him. I had no idea he was there though. 

"uhm y/n. What were you doing walking with Edward Cullen?" Jessica asked.

"I wasn't walking with him. I had no idea he was even there" After I said that, everyone looked unsure but also disappointed. I just need to ignore them. 

"So uhm Bella, are you going to talk to him today?" I asked Bella.

"Oh, I don't know, I should, but the way he just starred at me..."she trailed off. I didn't want to push her, so for now, I just left her alone to her thoughts. It seemed as if she had made her decision, because when we got to biology, it didn't take long before I saw them talking.

--

that night I had my normal struggle to fall asleep, but when I did I had a dream. I dreamt of Alice, Carlisle, and even Edward. There was someone else there, someone that I didn't recognize, he was tall and he had such beautiful skin. At that moment I realized who it was, it was Jacob Black. I have seen him for years, why was I dreaming of him?

-- 

I had that dream overland over again for a week, maybe more. 

Today I was sitting outside with Bella, Jessica, and Angela. They were talking about dress shopping, they offered for me to come, but I kindly declined the offer. This would be the perfect time to go find Jacob. Bella had mentioned him the other day, something about some stories he told her at the beach. She had told him were he lived, so I figured I would just go say hi... and maybe ask him about the stories and about the Cullens. 

--

After school that day, Bella let me barrow her truck since she was going to be riding with Jessica and Angela. I had told her I was going to La Push, I just didn't tell her I was going there to ask about the stories and the Cullens. 

I pulled up to Jacob's house and knocked on the door, Billy answered.

"Hey Billy, nice to see you, its been a while"

"Yeah you too y/n. Are you here to see Jacob?"

"Uhm yeah kind of.." I felt kind of bad that after all this time I come down here and say like 10 words to Billy. He didn't appear to mind all that much though.

"HEY JACOB, CHARLIE'S DAUGHTER, Y/N IS HERE TO SEE YOU" Jacob came jogging out of his room in the back of the house. 

"hey y/n long time no see, whats up loca?" he gave me a quick little hug.

"I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go for a walk with me?"

"yeah sure lets go" he smiled and gestured for us to go.

"how have you been Jake?" I asked, trying to make small talk so its not super obvious that I may be using him just a little bit, okay maybe a lot a bit. 

"y/n whats with the small talk, I know you didn't drive all the way out here just to ask how I have been." Given the fact that I hadn't seem him for years, he knew me so well it was kind of spooky.

"Okay, well to be honest, I wanted to ask you about the Cullens" 

"wow twice in one week, each coming a different swan. Let me guess, you are going to ask about my stories too?"

"uhm yeah kind of, sorry Jake" I chuckled awkwardly.

"I can tell you, but y/n, its just that, stories." He told me anyways. He told me about the 'cold ones' and vampires and wolfs. He told me instead of the Cullens just have moved here, maybe they just moved back. Before long, it was getting dark, darker than is normally is given the fact that this is still Washington State. 

"Well thanks for the help Jacob, I don't want to keep you and get you in trouble" I made it back to my truck waved bye and drove off. My head was spinning, did he say what I think he had just said. The drive felt so long, I think maybe it was because my head was spinning the whole way and I probably didn't pay all that much attention. When I finally got home, Bella was there on her computer. I walked in, emotionless. One word was spinning in my head like when you count sheep, but it wasn't sheep. I tried to hold that word in, but when Bella turned to face me, I couldn't anymore. Still without emotion in my face, I looked at her and just simply said, "Vampire".