Chapter 13

That morning I had no school, it was a weekend. Bella went out to wash her truck and I watched from our bedroom window. I suddenly saw Edward appear. I watched them talk. Suddenly they both looked up at me and I saw Bella nod. I had no idea what they were saying though. Edward left abruptly then and immediately Jacob and Billy drove up. I saw all chuckling before Charlie came out and they all went inside. I could hear them now and I heard Bella talking to Jacob as she told him she would be right back.

"y/n, Edward invited us to play baseball with him and his family in a couple days...errr well he said to watch, I am not sure what the deal is yet, but he was saying it was dangerous for us to play"

"Okay sounds good"

"also he invited me to go meet his family tomorrow, he didn't say you also, but they won't mind if you tag along"

"tag along I have alre- I mean errr uhm, I am okay thanks" I don't know why it made me so mad that she thought I was the one 'tagging along'

--

The next day when Bella went to the Cullen house I just lied in bed. Charlie was gone so I was stuck at home all by myself. For some reason though, I was expecting Edward or Alice to pop up. I missed Alice. After a while, neither Edward nor Alice showed up and I just fell asleep. I really need to fix my sleep schedule. 

At least this time when I woke up, it wasn't in the middle of the night. When I looked around though, I saw Bella and Edward. Kissing. I knew that they had a thing, but I just didn't think about it. I knew that I loved Edward and that was all I needed. However, I wasn't enough for Edward, but Bella was. Bella was always enough. It was never me. I thought for once it was, but I was wrong.

Edward suddenly moved away from Bella. I knew he had heard my thoughts, but I couldn't just sit there looking stupid. The choice I made did make me look any less stupid, but I still thought it was better than just sitting there. I bolted. I ran out the door as fast as I could. Of course that wasn't super fast, but Edward didn't come after me so it was fine. 

It was rainy outside. And although it wasn't the middle of the night, it was still night, so it was so very dark. I could hardly see, but I didn't care, I just had to get out of there. Why could I not have liked a normal boy like Mike or Eric? Maybe even Jake? I knew Jake used to have a crush on me when we were kids, but we were just that, Kids. At 10 years old, what does anything matter? But now I was 16. Most 16 years olds can't say they have kissed a vampire, but then again, most 16 years can't say they have even met a vampire. 

I stumbled and wandered through the woods, I could feel myself getting sharp and tiny little cuts all over, I didn't mind though. I suddenly thought about the fact that Alice had said there are other vampires out here. Ones that drink human blood. My blood. I felt a drop of blood trickle down my ankle. I looked down trying to see it, but it was so dark that I couldn't see anything anymore. Thats when I started to trip, I felt myself beginning to fall and not even trying to stop it. But then I did stop. I felt a cold hand on my should and then smelled a nice light and familiar smell. Alice.