Chapter 14

AN : Thank you all so much for a thousand reads, that is crazy. I am so happy you like reading my story! Feel free to send me any feedback, I love hearing from you. Anyhow, lets get back to the story.

I felt Alice grab me and stop me from falling. I turned to look at her, but she looked like she was in pain or something.

"Alice? Whats wrong?"

"you uhm...y-you should probably come to my house, Carlisle can fix your legs" At that moment I realized what was wrong with her. She was thirsty. I knew I should back away from her or do something, but at this point I didn't care if I died, and no it was not because of Edward. I was not about to let him be part of the reason I die. 

"Its okay Alice I am fine. Just go home."

"YOU ARE NOT FINE!" she yelled. I had never heard her yell or get upset. It was quite unsettling. 

"Alice I-" I began before she cut me off by grabbing me and throwing my onto her back, still quite gently. I felt the feeling I had only felt once before when Carlisle carried me and ran with me. It was a great feeling.

Before I knew it I was standing in front of the Cullen house. Alone. Alice had disappeared. I thought about just leaving, but I figured they already knew I was here. I had no idea what my blood smelled like to them, but I figured it might be like when you walk by a restaurant and you can smell what they are making all the way from outside. My guess was confirmed when the door opened and Carlisle stepped outside.

"Come on in y/n" He spoke ever so calmly. It was nice, as I had been nonstop stressed for the past few days. I was so grateful Edward was not back yet. I could not face him. And I didn't want him reading my mind, it started to get annoying.

I walked up the steps toward Carlisle and he put his hand very gently in the small of my back leading me through the door. It sent tingles throughout my body.

Somehow I felt safer now, in a house full of vampires, than I did before when I was at my own house. 

Carlisle hadn't said anything for a while, until I sat down and he started cleaning my leg.

"So are you going to tell me what you were doing in the woods at 10:00 at night?" He sounded calm , but clearly a little upset.

"I would rather not" He didn't turn his head to look up at me, but he still looked up at me out of the top of his eyes. He communicated a lot with that look, 'are you serious? It wasn't a question', is what I knew he was saying with that look.

"Okay....Edward was in my room, only in his eyes at the moment, it wasn't my room...it was Bella's..." 

"I see"

"I know its stupid. I don't need you to tell me"

"I wasn't going to say its stupid, I wasn't going to say anything, but if I had to I would say...With all respect for me dearest Edward...he is incredibly stupid. He knows how both of you feel, and he feels the same way back. You are an incredibly beautiful young woman that doesn't deserve any of this pain that my family and I have caused for you"

"Pain?? I would already we dead if it wasn't for you and your family"

"Dead?" He stopped working on my leg and stood to face me now.

"Well...I uhm...for one I was kidnapped like a week ago and still before that, I haven't been living the best life, and uhm sometimes when people are really unhappy with life...they will...uhm.. you know...stop living it"

When Carlisle was about to say something back, The door burst open. I couldn't see him yet, but I could hear him.

"Where is she?" Edward asked someone in a nearby room and then he burst through the door to see me and Carlisle.

I suppose Carlisle knew that I didn't want to be around him right now so he looked Edward in the eyes and said "I'm almost done here Edward, why don't you go make sure Jasper and everyone else is alright?" He raised an eyebrow right after saying this. I am pretty sure the eyebrow meant 'that is not a request'.

Carlisle had already finished fixing my leg, so as soon as Edward left, he gave me a quick little wink before quickly leaving through a different door before Edward could read his mind and come back.