Harbinger Of Death

Since Mifuyu was a little child, he was able to see what is unseen to others. He was able to see strange creatures -- strange creatures that look like they came from straight out of hell. At first, he thought everyone could see them, that everyone was like him, but he was wrong. In this vast world, he was the only one who was able to see what is unknown to others, or that was what he thought all his life.

Although, Mifuyu knew he was the only one who was able to see them, one night he told his parents about a strange creature. The strange creature who never left him alone, the monster that always watched him every night from outside the window.

Mifuyu's parents never understood the strange behavior of their son, that's why every night they would go inside his room to reassure him that there wasn't any kind of monster watching him through the window. That his mind was only playing tricks on him.

However, when Mifuyu described the strange creature, his father was taken aback. In the past, Enmei remembered his mother and father talk about a evil spirit that took the form of a grotesque creature with hollow eyes, its body would be covered completely in black hair only showing its boney hands. 

Enmei approached the window while having in mind that the creature his son described was a evil spirit that consumed the life of children, but when he lifted the curtain nothing was there. He thought that probably his son heard the silly stories his mother always spoke of, that's why he thought it was better for him not to visit her ever again. 

"Mifuyu, you don't need to be afraid." Enmei said softly. "As you can see there's nothing outside."

"You're wrong." Mifuyu replied, seeing the monster looking right through him with its hollow eyes. Being afraid he hid behind his father. "The monster is outside the window looking at me... It's right there, Dad, I'm not lying..."

"That's enough." His mother said, not believing the words her son have just said. "You have taken too seriously the stories of your grandma. From now on, you will stay away from her."

But Mifuyu didn't understand what stories she was talking about, his grandma had never told him anything like that, not that he could remember.

.....

Since that night, Mifuyu became afraid to leave his house and every day he couldn't help but wonder if there was someone else like him? Someone who was able to see the world the way he sees it.

If such person existed, would they be able to understand me? He always thought, before falling asleep. 

While years passed, he started to ignore their presence, acting like they were not there anymore. By doing this he was less afraid of them. Until one day, he was not scared of them anymore, even the creature with hollow eyes disappeared after that night.

For the first time, he started to enjoy his life, but his days of peace didn't last long since everything changed on one fateful day. That day was raining. The rain came unexpected that he didn't have an umbrella with him, he waited for minutes in the entrance of his school waiting for the rain to stop.

A thunder rumble with anger through the sky, soon followed by a flash of lightning that rushed behind it. The clouds filled with malice become more ominous as the seconds passed, like giving a signal to the angels to bath everyone who didn't dare to bring an umbrella with them in a shower of crystal tears. 

Seeing that the rain wasn't going to stop any minute, Miyufu decided to run back to his house. Cold rain drops touched his skin as he quickened his pace, followed by the splashing sound of puddles the heavy rain left the day before. The rain was still showing kindness towards him when he arrived at the park, like giving him an opportunity to arrived at home without being soaked from head to toe.