Guardian Angel

"Let's play a game, shall we?"

"Play a game?" Mifuyu repeated, not sure if he had heard right or not.

"That's right. The game is simple, the only thing you have to do is try to escape from this distortion while I try to catch up to you. In other words, we are going to play tag."

"If I refuse to play your game?" He asked, lips trembling with every word.

A laugh escaped from her lips. "You totally don't want to do that," She stands up. "If you refuse, then I will consume your life in this precise moment."

Hearing the red butterfly's reply, Mifuyu doesn't have any other option than to listen to her and play her game. Seeing the distortion around him, as far as his eyes could see, he wondered if this place is the realm the man of white butterflies had said before he passed out.

He wanted to wipe his tears away with the sleeves of his shirt to not show weakness in front of the red butterfly, but they were covered with blood that he couldn't do it. The only thing he could do was to let them fall, until the last tear was shed.

"If I win your game... Then you would let me go?" He asked once again, but this time he was afraid of her answer.

"Let you go?" She wondered for a while. "Only if you manage to win against me."

If it's true of what she's saying, then that means Mifuyu still haves an opportunity to keep on living; an opportunity he wasn't going to waste. Plus, the man of the white butterflies has told him that he would help him escape from her distorted, unknown realm.

"Since you are an interesting human, I will do an exception for you," she continued. "Even if you don't win the game against me, you will still be able to escape from this distortion."

What she was saying sounded to good to be true, why would she let Mifuyu escape from her distortion even if he doesn't win her game? Mifuyu knew she was planning something as soon as those words escaped from her lips, and it probably wasn't anything good. Just like with Yugen, he was pretty sure she wouldn't let him go without paying a price.

"Then, that means playing your game makes no sense at all."

The red butterfly bursted into a laughter after hearing Mifuyu's words, amused of how different he's from his grandfather. Compared from before, this time Mifuyu was able to hear her evil laugh. Every inch of his body trembled in fear by hearing her evil and creepy laughs that escaped from her lips, like an evil tune.

"If you lose, you would lose your voice," She suddenly said after she stopped laughing.

"Eh!?" Mifuyu widened his eyes in surprise. "Lose my voice?" He repeated, trying to confirm if he did not hear wrong.

In a blink of an eye, the red butterfly appeared behind Mifuyu as she wrapped one of her cold arms around his neck, while with her other hand she caressed his head.

"That's right, what I desire the most is your unique voice." She whispered in his ear, sending shivers through his entire body.

Feeling her cold breath against his ear and neck, it made Mifuyu fear for his life. He was going to hit her, but before he could do it, she lets him go. He quickly got up without wasting any time, stepping away from her.

"Why are you so scared of me?" She asked in wonder. "That man you call Yugen is the same as me, his existence is the same as mine. Then, why are you not scared of him!?" She spat the words.

"Don't compare Yugen with yourself!!! He's not like you!!!" Mifuyu shouted, anger filling his body, almost forgetting that he's talking to a evil spirit