Hifumi's Past (Part 1)

Thousands of years ago the first child between a human and a unseen being was born. That child was the red butterfly. Since she was born, she was casted away by the people of her village who truly believed that the red butterflies flying around her would bring misfortune to the village.

The villagers after suffering an unexpected tragedy of events, they decided that the red butterfly would be the next sacrifice to the unknown beast that was living inside the Cursed Forest; she was the chosen one to stop the hunger of the unseen beast.

When the red butterfly knew she was the next sacrifice to the unknown beast, she didn't resist and, by her own free will, she entered the Cursed Forest.

The villagers, who saw the young woman entering the cursed forest by her own free will, were taken aback. They never expected that she would accept that kind of fate so easily. But regardless of that, the villagers were relieved, they thought after 20 years of misfortune they could finally live in peace once again. However, that never happened and the misfortune didn't stop either.

As the days passed everything remained the same, people would still keep vanishing from the village and the misfortune was stronger than before the day the red butterfly entered the forest.

So they only thought one thing: the young woman probably had escaped! However, other villagers thought that maybe one sacrifice wasn't enough anymore. Not knowing what to do, discord rose among the villagers, after a long dispute they finally agreed to offer another sacrifice to the unknown beast.

When the villagers chose the next sacrifice, the red butterfly came back from the Cursed Forest. They couldn't believe what their eyes were seeing, she came back safe and sound! There wasn't any kind of injury on her body. And then the unexpected happened, every single one of the villagers who saw her leave the forest that day died by her hands.

After the death of those villagers happened, Naofumi arrived at the Cursed Forest to investigate the truth about the curse brought by the red butterflies and the unseen beast, and that was when he first meet the red butterfly. It was the second time he had met one of the few children of the black butterfly.

Just like the rest of them, her beauty was alluring and captivating, like a beautiful doll. Her left eye resembled the color of blood while her right eye was green like an emerald, her hair was black like the feather of a raven, and her skin resembled the color of the snow; she indeed was one of the children of the unseen.

To stop the curse that the red butterfly has brought upon the village the moment she was born, he was ordered to end her life. To kill her along with her son, before he could become the vessel of the unseen beast.

Upon killing the red butterfly, the village was set free by the curse, and at the same time, Naofumi was cursed by the red butterflies. The butterfly's curse was brought to his family; her hatred was so strong that the curse lasted through generations.

When Naofumi was reborn into this world again after thousands of years, he had the bad luck to meet her again. Everything was happening like she said it would happen long time ago, she had kept her word and came back for him.

When he first saw the red butterfly as being Hifumi, she looked different: her beauty was lost and only a evil spirit remained. At first Hifumi thought she was only a curse -- a curse just like the rest of the curses that habited this world.

She didn't look scary at all, but for some reason when he looked at her hollow eyes, memories of his past life came back to him; memories from when he lived as a man named Naofumi. And he knew she had come back to seek revenge for the sins his past self committed.

After staring at her face for a while, the red butterflies told Hifumi that the red butterfly was searching for her lover and son that she had lost thousands of years ago. That if he wanted to atone for his sins, he needed to help her become human.