Prologue

Every thousands of years a child between a human and a unseen being would be born in this world, a child that would bring misfortune to the people around them. This child would be born with a red-crimson eye, their skin would be as white as snow, and their hair would be as black as the feather of a raven; proof that they were the children of the unseen.

But what stood out more among the children of the unseen, was the butterflies flying around them. Butterflies that appeared out of thin air the moment the child would be born. The color of the butterflies would give a different meaning to the child's life.

The red butterfly, who was the first child born by the union of a human and a unseen being, became an evil spirit after her death. Before she died, she promised that she will seek revenge over the man who took everything from her.

Tainted by darkness, the red butterflies cursed that man with an everlasting curse that lasted through generations. Her hatred was so strong that the red butterflies promised her that they will help her become human, for her to be able to live the life she always wanted. Knowing she needed to consume the life of humans to become human, she started to kidnap children, leading to the great banishment.

For years children kept disappearing by the red butterfly's hands, making her take on the appearance similar to a human. However, the life of the children wasn't enough. To be able to become human, she needed to consume the last life: the descendants of the man who took her life. But no matter how much she tried to consume the lives of his descendants, it was impossible because none of them was able to see the unseen.

Not being able to consume the last life, she returned back to the grotesque creature she had become after her death. Her wrath has bounded her to the butterfly's curse in a circle of an everlasting hatred. With the invisible chains that bounded her soul to this world, she became the prisoner of the unseen.

A prisoner who couldn't be reborn once again in this world until her purpose in the land of the living was fulfilled; until that man paid for the sins he had committed; until she could become human.

Following the command of the red butterflies, she waited for months and even years in hope someday a child that could be able to see the unseen would be born into that man's family.

After a thousand years, she was lucky to meet a boy who promised that he would help her became human. This boy was the reincarnation of that man, who wanted to atone for the sins his past self committed. The red butterfly thought this time that she would be able to break the chains that bounded her to that grotesque creature, that this time she will be able to be free and become human.

After the promise she made with that boy, she started to kidnap children once again. When she managed to be the evil spirit she was before, the boy was already a young man. A young man who she took away to an unknown place, where she was betrayed by him and the person she held most dear.

Once again, she had lost to that man. This infuriated her further, knowing that she had lost her opportunity to become human. But she wasn't planning to give up. After a few years passed since that man's death, she met his grandson.

A foolish child who knew nothing about the cruel fate that awaited him, a foolish child who knew nothing about the curse brought by his ancestor. It just took once glance into his eyes to make the red butterfly know that he was the one. That's why she returned back for him years later on a rainy day, to take him away and consume his life.

However, the seventh day that was supposed to be the last day he would see daylight, changed the fragile fate of the young boy. His life, that depends on the man who once she held so dear, was now in his hands.

I'm only fixing the mistakes of the story, since even after I rewrote it, there still a lot of mistakes

I'm only fixing the mistakes of the story, since even after I rewrote it, there still a lot of mistakes. Although, there still going to be a few mistakes since I never studied English or anything. The second rewrite will be when I change it completely to a original story, but I will not share it with anyone 😶

This is a male oc story.