Second Choice

Yugen touched Mifuyu's arm, holding his hand and bringing it to his face. When Mifuyu felt Yugen's lips brush against his hand, he started to feel that warm feeling once again, that warmth that made him feel alive. His touch felt so warm that it made him feel safe, just being by his side was enough to make his fears go away.

"If you stay here with me, you will be safe, and she will not be able to consume your life." Yugen whispered with a gentile voice.

When Yugen mentioned that woman, Mifuyu did not understand what he was trying to say. For what reason would that woman want to consume his life? He wanted to ask Yugen that, but he didn't have enough courage to ask him. Not only did he not have the courage, he was scared to hear what would happen after she consumed his life.

"Vanish from my sight." Yugen demanded, words filled with a bit of anger.

The sudden words of Yugen made Mifuyu turn his gaze towards the woman, noticing that she wasn't walking towards him anymore, instead she started to change into red butterflies.

Yugen noticed that Mifuyu had fixed his eyes on her, so he covered his eyes with his hand to stop him from looking into her eyes, "Such an inattentive boy. Did I not tell you before not to look at her?" Yugen reminded him.

His voice still sounded a little bit angry, Mifuyu could tell even when it was difficult to tell with that gentle voice of his. Mifuyu didn't want to worry him, but it was hard to look away from her when his eyes betrayed him every time he was curious. And not only that, every time she appeared, he was drawn to her like it was his fate to stare into her eyes.

He wanted to listen to Yugen's warnings, because he didn't have any intention in disobeying him or his grandma, but after all that happened, he had a feeling he already had stared into her eyes. He totally didn't want to look at that woman in the eyes not even for second, however, he was going against a evil spirit that wants to consume his life, so there was no way he could escape from her.

Yugen removed his hand from Mifuyu's face once the red butterflies vanished, "I think it doesn't matter anymore."

Mifuyu looked at his surroundings not really believing that she had decided to vanish after hearing simple words, but he couldn't see her anymore, not even her red butterflies where around. She indeed decided to obey Yugen and left this place.

Mifuyu couldn't understand why she had left after hearing Yugen's words, 'Could it be that Yugen has the power to control that woman?'

Yugen started to walk away towards the house as Mifuyu turned around to look at him, noticing that Yugen was holding in his hands the red, oil-paper umbrella of his grandma.

The umbrella really suited Yugen, it made him look more appealing. He was already really attractive, just one look at his face was enough to take Mifuyu's breath away. He was so beautiful that Mifuyu couldn't take his eyes off of him, making him stare at him for several seconds.

Yugen halted in his steps before he entered the house, since he felt the stare of Mifuyu all over him. He looked at him with the corner of his eye, noticing that he started to blush of embarrassment after being caught by his intense red gaze.

Trying to hide and not wanting Yugen to notice his red face, Mifuyu averted his gaze towards the ground.

"I really like this umbrella." Yugen confessed.

"T-Then you can have it," Mifuyu stammered, feeling nervous all of the sudden. "Take it as present for saving my life."

Yugen chuckled, "So kind of you. Not only did you gave me a name, but now you gave me a present, too." He started to walk towards Mifuyu, stopping in front of him. "Do you want to go back?"