Chapter One.

Giggling was let lose into the air as a pink haired detective with black large framed glasses sat at her desk with her partner Elliott Deview across from her at his own. Some of the surrounding policemen couldn't help but smile. For those who knew or actually liked Ariella found her to be the kind of person to light up a room when she giggled.

From behind, someone cleared their throat as they walked up, this caused the pinkette to turn around. "Oh hi!" Ariella said realizing someone had came up behind her. "Sorry! I didn't see you there! How can I help you?" Ariella asked. The male in front of her wore a black trench coat, black suit, black tie, and a nice pair of dress shoes. Meanwhile his physical feature's were to say the least attractive. This mystery man was tall, with dark hair, eyes like chocolate, and she liked his smile.

The chocolate brown eyes belonging to the mystery man seemed to glance her up and down. "You must be Detective Clementine." Ariella stood and nodded holding her hand out to him for him to shake. "That's me!" "I'm assistant district attorney Gabriel Lowen. Can you show me to the Captain's office?" Gabriel simply stared down at Ariella's hand before pocketing his free hand. Ariella simply brushed it off and smiled as she perked up a bit and turned on her heels. "Right this way Mr. Lowen!" She said as she began walking.

Ariella had a bit of pep in her step. She seemed to bounce around happily and would greet her surrounding coworker's. It was safe to say that Ariella seemed to be a big ball of energy. As they started up the steps towards the Captain's office. Ariella spoke softly. "So Mr. Lowen, what brings you to our precinct?" Gabriel didn't reply. In a way the male was trying to take in the happy little thing in front of him. But part of him didn't know how to respond. Something about Ariella had his attention. Something seemed calming about her. Even his beast was not raging as much. This was a new feeling for Gabriel. Yet, the male wasn't quite sure how to take it.

Upon their arrival in Captian Bishop's office, Ariella turns to leave yet a familiar voice pulls her attention back into the room. "Detective Clementine, a word please?" Ariella turned and smiled happily as she skipped into the room."Captian Bishop," she greeted as she heard the door shut. Ariella's eyes travelled over to see who the culprit was. To no surprise ADA Lowen had shut the door. "Please, take a seat." Joe said. Joe made a motion with his hands like he always did, and Ariella, carefully sat down in the chair closest to her. "Don't worry Ariella, you're not in trouble."Ariella let out a small laugh. "I'd like to hope not. I haven't had any to get into!" She joked. But Joe shot her a serious glance, which immediately made her pipe down, sinking a bit into her seat. In the seat next to her, ADA Lowen sat down and opened up his briefcase taking out a file. Joe held one out for Ariella who took it. "Ariella would you like to share your knowledge on the Vendetta Killer cold case." Ariella heard him and perked up as she began to speak. "The Vendetta Killer?" She asked as she looked down at her file. "Well, The Vendetta Killer was said to be a serial killer known by the name V for short. The nickname V was derived from his infamous carving of the letter V into scenery or into his victims as if to mark them or take claim over them. The first known victim dates all the way back to 1989" As Ariella continued, ADA Lowen gazed at her, watching how she seemed to get so into what she was talking about. An amused smirk made it's way to Gabriel's face as Ariella finally ended her information. "The Vendetta Killer got his name because everyone he killed was someone he sought vengence against or he had a grudge against. Police however were never able to get a solid lead. Every lead lead to a dead end. Until in 1995 the Vendetta killer just disappeared. No one has heard from him since."

The sudden silence in the room after her speech, made Ariella look down a bit, her eyes focusing on her hands that began playing with a pen she had bought with her from downstairs. This was one of Ariella's nervous ticks. When her anxiety began to creep up, or when she began feeling anxious, she fiddled with something. "And I was rambling again, sorry." Gabriel took note of the sudden behavior and thanks to his beast enhance senses' Gabriel could hear her heart beat. 'She's embarassed?" The male thought as his attention was snapped away from her by the chuckling Captian. Joe shook his head and spoke. "No, Ariella your fine. I just keep forgetting you practically eat, sleep, and breathe forsenics so you pretty much remember almost every case you've learned about."

Ariella's eyes glanced back up, causing Gabriel to clear his throat and grab out some files. "The reason you were asked about the Vendetta killer is quite simple, for the next few days, weeks, perhaps even months, you will be helping me investigate a new string of murders that are believed to be connected to the Vendetta killer." Ariella took the file he gave her into her hands carefully as he spoke. "Your partner has already been informed-" the ringing of a cellphone cut Gabriel off. Gabriel pulled his own out from his coat pocket and answered almost immediately.

Not even two minutes later, Gabriel hung up and stuffed the celluar device back into his pocket. "Detective Clementine, get your coat. We have a body." Ariella felt herself shiver a bit as she stood and hugged her files close to her chest as she dismissed herself to grab her coat. Gore wss never her strong suite. Part of the job? Yes. But not something she enjoyed. This case was going to interesting...to say the least.

***Author's Note!***
Hey babes! This is my first time writing fanfictions in a long time so I apologize if it's a bit iffy. I hope my skills will get better!

Feel free to comment below and tell me what you think. For updates follow me here on Wattpad or on my Tiktok where I'll be advertising my stories so to speak!

Thank you so much for reading and I'll see y'all later! Bye!

~ Gracie.