Chapter Three.

***Ariella's POV.***

"How can we be so sure that this was our guy?" Ariella asked softly as once again Gabriel drove them. However, this time they were headed back to the station. "If it was V, wouldn't the usual signature mark be in the scenery or on the body?" Ariella couldn't help but leave her mind focused on the body they had just found."

ADA Lowen bit his lower lip young hearing her question. Truth be told, Gabriel had already figured out what they might have to do...he had considered this might not be their guy. So of course from the scenery, since it screamed beast...he could pull strings and give it to Chandler and her partner. Gabriel hadn't realized that he had been holding his breath until be let out one. "Well, it would most likely be given to another team." The way he said it came out a bit more sarcastic than expected. Ariella taking the hint that she probably should have known that, look back out the window. "Yes sir." She said. 'Damn it, why does she make this so hard.' Gabriel thought as he checked his watch for the time. 'It's twelve thirty which means we both could probably use something to eat.' Gabriel thought. "Detective, are you hungry?" Ariella heard the question but shook her head no. 'She's closing herself off again. Of course she would.' Deciding to try again, Gabriel spoke. "Detective, how do you feel about pizza?" At this point Gabriel wasn't going to give her the chance to turn down food. He seen some detectives get way to into work and forget to take care of themselves.

Ariella heard the question on pizza and spoke quietly. "It's one of my favorites." Of course there had been a hint of excitement over the fact he said pizza. Realizing the way her voice seemed to give her away made Gabriel chuckle. "Then that's what we'll get. Any particular place close by that you prefer?" Gabriel grabbed the GPS from up in the window and placed it into her hands carefully. "Put it in, we'll go there."

Ariella happily obliged. But one thing stuck out to her. How was one man a jerk but also kind when he wanted to be? It was hard for Ariella to determine how to go about speaking with him. Part of her was intimidated by him, but other's were fascinated. She wanted to say more. Do more. But she couldn't and it was all because he seemed to be so damn distant from her.

///Author's Note.///
I apologize this chapter was much shorter than other's but I will be working more on this story as I can. For a long while I hit a road block and couldn't do much. But I'm back and hopefully I'll be able to upload a few more chapters this week. Depends.

Thank you so much to all who are currently supporting this, I hope to continue and not let you guys down. After all this is one of my favorite fan fictions I have ever written.

~ Much Love,
Gracie.🖤