Chapter Five.

It hadn't taken long for both ADA Lowen and the pink haired detective to make it back to the precinct. Upon arrival, Ariella got out of the car without a word and slammed the door shut storming off and towards the steps. After the stupid stunt he had just pulled, Gabriel wasn't too sure he could blame her for how angry she most likely currently felt. However, Gabriel did feel a twinge of guilt rising in him. 'I shouldn't have let her tame me that much. The effect she has on my beast is absolutely wonderful, yet I can't put her life or anyone else in danger.' Gabriel reached into the back seat and pulled out the pizza and the brief case making his way back into the building. As he entered his eyes scanned the room for the pinkette who now seemed to have momentarily vanished. Placing the pizza down onto her desk, Gabriel let Elliott know Chandler, her partner, Elliott himself, as well as Gabriel and Ariella were the only two allowed to touch the pizza he had placed down. 

With that, Lowen began making his way up towards the Captain's office, knocking on the door as he came to a stop. "Captain sir, you summoned Clementine and I?" he asked curiously causing Bishop to nod. "Ah yes Gabriel I did. I wanted to hand these files over to you and inform you that Evan had finally analyzed the body. The body came in quicker than the two of you. No complaint's though. I know Detective Ariella is a wonderful detective and that she's surely keeping all in check in the field." At his words Gabriel spoke. "About that, Captain Bishop sir, I'm having this case transferred over to Chandler and her partner." As if on cue a quiet gasp came. "You can't do that! This could very well be the case of the century Mr. Lowen!" Ariella exclaimed as she rushed in. "Detective Clementine my decision is not up for debate." Ariella hearing replied. "Sir, this case is one of the most greatest unsolved cases of all time-" Within that moment Gabriel bit his lower lip. While he did want to continue to work closely with the young detective and get her all to himself, he had to remember that the "V" copycat was out there but this case was not a copycat case. This was a beast case. A case he needed to keep away from too many who may ask one too many questions. However, Gabriel also remembered the way she had affected him in the car causing him to interrupt her and speak. "Detective Clementine, while you may be a true crime lover, you are not detective material." Hearing, Ariella fell silent as Bishop spoke up. "You will NOT speak to one of my finest detectives in such a manner." However, Gabriel continued. "No, you will not let your detective be delusional. Ms. Clementine you are unable to handle gore. Therefore you cannot observe crime scenes or look at bodies. Your first instinct is to hide instead of observing there for you are not suitable for your profession." With each word that left Gabriel's mouth, Ariella retreated into a quiet shell. With each word Gabriel got closer, louder even gathering the attention of others in the precinct. "Ms. Clementine I must insist that you go home and take a few days off to readjust yourself or come Monday morning you will find yourself out of a job and I will personally see to it that you never work in another precinct again." Now he was bent down a bit to where he was at eye level with Ariella who was fighting back the threat of tear's rolling down her face. "If you're going to cry, then perhaps you should leave." 

However, Gabriel didn't get too far with his cruel words nor his rant because within seconds Elliott was behind Ariella and shoving him back with one arm while moving Ariella behind him. "Who are YOU to talk to her that way?" Ariella could tell from the sound of Elliott's voice that he was ready to go off. However, instead of making a even bigger scene, Ariella store her eyes away from the tall, dark and handsome male whom she had found herself attracted to that morning, only to now grab onto her friend and coworker's arm. "El, don't. Just take me home, please?" Elliott looked down at the girl at his side, letting his feature's soften he whispered. "Of course. I'll get your stuff." With that Ariella began making her way out of the building, the surrounding worker's resuming their previous actions in order to keep from thing's getting too awkward. 

Watching as she walked away, Gabriel felt his heart sink a bit. That truly had hurt to do. However, it was best not to get attached nor to let her develop any kind of comfort around him. Detective Clementine was something soft and gentle. Something Muirfield would enjoy destroying if they ever got the chance to and that was something Gabriel couldn't sit back and let happen. This was necessary for an even better later. It was a way to keep her safe and himself as well. 

"ADA Lowen just what were you thinking just now? Embarrassing my detective in such a manner?" Turning Gabriel spoke. "I was just simply saying what needed to be said Captain. I hope you will ensure a brighter tomorrow for your precinct and learn to not give Detective Clementine special treatment. For now I won't make too much of a fuss over your actions. However, from here on out I want to see a change or I want her gone." Of course Gabriel would never cause her to lose her job. He would never do something like that to anyone. He just needed to remember what he originally came here to do." Captain Bishop fell silent as Gabriel stormed out of the building and towards his car. Along the way, he noticed Ariella talking to someone. However, brushing it off as nothing he continued to his car. Perhaps by Monday Detective Clementine would have a more steel resolve. 

*Author's Note.**

Hey loves, yes I am aware that it's a bit sudden to continue drama. However, I'm feeling in a very drama mood so who knows what will come later in the story or even in the next chapter. Apologies to anyone who doesn't like it. However I hope those who do will continue to keep reading. If I do decide to edit this chapter I will make sure to let everyone know. Thank you to those who have been patient with me as I know my update schedule isn't even an update schedule. Instead it's a bit WTF. 

Anyway's, thank y'all for reading and I'll see y'all later! BYE!