Ch. 1 Introduction

(3rd person POV)

Aether breathed heavily through battle, his sword glinting in the light of the early sun as he sliced through Hilichurls. He could feel his sweat dripping down his chin, drenching the back of his neck and cooling when it touches fresh air. Whether it be destroying barricades for a balloon to get through or killing 8 enemies, the day's commissions were all related to fighting.

He finished off the last Hilichurl with a heavy slash of his sword. Aether used his own scarf to wipe off the sweat, and despite his attempt to rid himself of the salty liquid, he still felt sticky. The man felt his feet ache, but the day had only just begun. It was likely going to be a long day.

After about half an hour of walking, Aether made it to Mondstadt, the city. Within the city, he claimed his commission rewards and walked down the main road towards the shops. Though his commissions hadn't taken long, it sure made him hungry. The man greeted Sara, the lady who worked at the shop for food. He ordered himself a Chicken-Mushroom Skewer. Aether was startled by the familiar sound of his friend grumbling in annoyance. He turned around and saw Albedo leaning against a building and drawing, he stood just behind Timaeus.

"Make that two Chicken-Mushroom Skewers," the traveler told Sara. She nodded and quickly made the skewers while he stood and waited.

"Traveler, your skewers are ready." Sara smiled, handing the skewers to Aether. He placed 8100 mora down before taking the skewers, one in each hand. The sun beamed down on Mondstat, forcing him to squint my eyes against the bright rays. He made his way over to Albedo, where the awning would protect his pale skin from the sun.

"Good afternoon Albedo, what're you drawing?" Aether asked, peeking his head over Albedo's clipboard to glance at the drawing. On the paper was a sketch of Aether, holding his sword into the air and smiling, triumphant after a possible battle. Albedo quickly lowered the clipboard in embarrassment, he'd rather not show his drawing until it was finished. It's easier to show something off when you believe everything is perfect after all.

"Nothing important," Albedo mumbled, tearing the paper off of the clipboard and shoving it roughly into his pocket. Aether shook his head sadly, but the small grin tugging at his lips gave him away.

"I'm not important?" I whined jokingly.

The annoyed alchemist elbowed his friend in the side. "Not even a little." He muttered, wearing a shy smile. He raised his head and spotted the Chicken-Mushroom Skewers.

"Is one of those for me?" He asked Aether hopefully. The traveler simply nodded and handed one of the Chicken-Mushroom Skewers to Albedo. He took the skewer and began to eat and so Aether did the same. The two leaned against the wall, chewing on their Chicken-Mushroom Skewers in amicable silence.

AN: Let me know if you like the rewrite, I don't think anyone even remembers how bad this chapter used to be but boy was it BAD. I do want to rewrite the longer chapters as well but those will take ages and I'm not sure I'm up for it.