Ch. 3 Recovery

Aether POV

My entire body felt groggy and cold, I opened my eyes to an unfamiliar ceiling. Curious as to where I was I looked around, my body was covered in a heavy blanket, I could tell I was on a bed. Albedo's coat was placed on top of the blanket, though it didnt add too much warmth. I cleared my throat, looking down at Albedo who had his head on the bed, next to my leg.

Albedo perked up quickly, his eyes going straight to mine.

"You're awake? How do you feel?" Albedo asked, his worried face far too expressive.

"I feel fine.. Though it's a bit hot." I told Albedo, hoping to calm his worries. I eyed the coat, and Albedo quickly snatched it off and set it aside which resulted in me chuckling.

"Oh I'm sure that made a huge difference." I joked, and Albedo joined in on the laughter.

"I can grab a thinner blanket, be right back." Albedo suggested, standing up and making his way into a room I'd never seen before. Thinking about it now, I had never seen the place we were in before.

I'll have to ask him later.

Soon, Albedo came back with a blanket much thinner than the one I had over me. I sat up and he removed the heavy blanket, replacing it with the thinner one.

"Thank you." I mumbled, patting the blanket as if satisfied. "So what happened with the kids?"

"What kids?" Albedo asked.

"The kids we helped before I passed out.." I responded, a bit confused he didn't remember.

"Oh! Those- yes I sent them back to the city of Mondstadt." Albedo explained sheepishly.

I nodded, then looked at the nightstand. I noticed my sword leaning against it, along with some of my armor.

Did Albedo take parts of my armor off? I wondered.

"Albedo.. Where exactly are we?" I asked him, turning my head away from my sword to look at him.

"My house." Is all he responded with.

I looked around once more, it was a nice place. The room they were in was obviously a bedroom. There was a wardrobe, bed, nightstand, and a door that lead to a hallway.

"Oh, I made Cream Stew earlier, its still hot, I'll go get you a bowl." Albedo told me, rushing off and down the hallway towards where I assumed his kitchen was. I looked up at the ceiling, my sister and I used to care for each other like this. While exploring different worlds we occasionally got sick, each world had a slightly different environment and our bodies reacted differently to some of them.

Albedo walked into the bedroom with the Cream Stew and handed it to me. I thanked him and began to eat it.

Did he carry me all the way from dragonspine to his house? (I assume it's in Mondstadt)

My cheeks turned pink, he cared about me. I finished the Cream Stew and set the empty bowl in my lap.

"Thank you, Albedo." I looked at him, I truely did appreciate everything he did.

"Of course." He said in response with a  smile. He hadn't watched me eat, instead he drew, so he set down his clipboard, picked up the bowl with the spoon inside and leaned over me to set the bowl on the nightstand. I blushed again, he was close, too close.

Stop it. I internally slapped myself. He's your friend.

Albedo stood straight again and yawned.

Oh that's right... I woke him up. He might not have slept too long.

I removed the blanket and sat up so my legs were hanging off the side of the bed.

"I should really go-." I told Albedo.

"Wait- Please stay." He interrupted a small frown on his face.

"I've got to do my daily commissions, and plus I feel a lot better now. Thank you though, for everything." I told him, but when I started to stand he pressed his hand on my shoulder and pushed me back so I sat down again.

"You shouldn't, you barely get rewards! And plus nobody even appreciates it all that much. Sometimes you even risk your life, and what do you get out of it? 10 measly primogems." He complained.

I looked down shaking my head. "Albedo, it's not your place to stop me. Whether I'm rewarded well or not I choose to do these commissions, I'm never forced." I told Albedo, standing up and walking over to the doorway. "Could you show me the way out please?"

Albedo's eyes followed me to the doorway, he sighed, nodding. He left his clipboard on the bed and walked passed me, leading the way towards the front door. He opened the door and stood beside it, then I nodded as thanks and left.

(- Sorry this took forever to write. I lost motivation quickly and had a bit of writers block. The next one probably wont take as long to write )