Ch. 7 Regret

(Aether POV)

I ran, why did I run? My steps, I could hear them echo as I raced across the paved mondstadt roads. My eyes frantically searched for a place to calm myself down, somewhere no one else would be. I was met face to face with a stack of crates, they wouldn't mind if I sat down to hide myself from the rest of the world I'm sure.

And so I sat, my head leaned against one of the crates and all I could do was wish I never did anything. I ruined our friendship, would it ever be the same? The question kept repeating in my head. I decided I should find something to do, to keep my mind off of things. So I stood, and wiped my eyes which were already bloodshot. Hopefully nobody would see them in the tavern light.

I walked through the doors and into the bustling tavern. The lights were dimmed, and the bartender was chatting with a cute young woman. Suddenly, I heard my name.

"Aether! Come sit here!" It was Venti, he was patting a chair next to him. His cheeks were flushed, he was drunk. Maybe I should drink with him. I made my way over to him and sat down. A small nod was my greeting, and the bard slid a drink across the table to me.

"You came here to drink right?" Venti asked, and my response was just a simple nod. I took the glass in one hand and began to drink. I'd never had anything like it before. It was bitter, but had a sweet aftertaste. I decided it wasn't too bad.

"And then, he tripped over a stone! Right into a hydro slime." Venti had been telling a story, I guess I blocked it out.

"Haha.. Poor guy." My response was dry, I obviously hadn't been listening. With a pat on the back, Venti nodded.

"Looks like you have something on your mind. I can help with that." And then came another drink, Venti got up to get more, and so I finished the one he gave me first. Then I began drinking the other one.

A night of me and Venti drinking, that's all it really was. Until the bard grabbed my hand and lead me out of the tavern. He walked me through Mondstadt, out the gate, and towards the closest Statue of Seven.

Why are we here? I wondered.

Venti, cheeks red as ever, lead me over to the tree, he was swaying a bit. Then he sat down, and so I did the same.

"What are yo-." I tried to ask what he brought me there for but I was interrupted. The bard pressed his soft, drunken lips against mine. Since when did Venti like me? I couldn't help but just sit there. It's not like the kissing wasn't nice, maybe it could get my mind off of Albedo.

"Aether?" Said a voice.

(Authors note: Aether is aged up in this, for anyone worried, he can drink alcohol.)