Ch. 12

(3rd Person POV) 

Aether nodded to himself, patting his thighs before he happily trotted out the door. Today was the day, he was going to find his sister. He didn't care how long he'd have to be out. The traveler had a full list of commissions to keep his mind occupied with while he searched. Lumine should still be in Mondstadt, stealing visions or whatever Kaeya claimed she was doing.

He passed by quite a lot of other people, giving each of them a quick wave. There were more out than usual today, and most were armed with weapons. Wait, weapons? Aether spun around to face the people he passed. He widened his amber eyes at the sight of well-known vision wielders surrounding Kaeya and Jean. The acting grandmaster looked to be trying to calm the others down. Aether even recognized a few; Amber, Noelle, Bennett, Barbara. Even Razor, the anti-social one of the bunch. The traveler stepped into the crowd, pushing people aside as he made his way towards Jean.

"Jean? What's happening?" His voice was drowned out by yelling from the others. With an annoyed huff, he yelled over them. "What's going on!?"

Jean snapped her eyes towards Aether. Her tight expression loosened a moment, finally, the traveler is here to save the day.

"It seems like most of our visions have been taken." She sighed, somehow more stressed than usual. Was that possible? He thought Jean reached max stress on the day they messed with Dvalin.

"Just like that? Taken? Stolen?"

"Yes! I saw who did it before she knocked me out. She totally looked like you, traveler!" Amber piped up with her usual cheer. Even losing her vision wasn't enough to dull her spirit.

Aether frowned. Even if it were his sister, what reason would she have for taking visions? Would the archons not allow her to wield the elements as he could?

"I remember you said you had a sister. Could that be her?" Amber stared up at Aether curiously.

"Possibly."

Aether was already on his way towards the gate. A few of the people that had gathered were calling his name, but he had no wish to speak any longer with them. He ignored the guards as he rushed through the gates and down the bridge. The boy was tempted to ask Albedo for help with finding his sister, so he began towards Dragonspine. Hopefully, the alchemist would be at his lab, if not, he had a lot of searching to do.

~~~

"Albedo!" 

The traveler heard a worryingly loud thump and a curse coming from the cave ahead of him. As he approached, he saw Albedo rubbing the back of his head.

"Aether? What're you doing here? Do you need something?" The alchemist already lowered his hand to his side, no longer soothing the apparent bump on his head.

Aether nibbled on his lip nervously before he spoke. "Have you heard about people's visions being stolen?" The second the words were out of his mouth he could see Albedo's expression sadden. The taller man hopped up on his desk and patted his chest, where his vision used to hang.

"Yeah, mine was stolen actually. Woke up and it was just gone." 

The traveler frowned and looked Albedo up and down. He was right, no vision to be seen. (That sounds really stupid out of context). He pinched the bridge of his nose to ward off the oncoming headache. Was everyone in Mondstadt visionless? Was it truly his sister?

"Amber said she saw the thief, said they looked like me. Apparently.." Aether paused for dramatic effect, because who doesn't like a little extra drama sprinkled in? "..The thief is my sister." He lowered his hand away from his face and stood closer to the fire to keep himself warm. Albedo didn't seem worried about the cold, he kept sitting on his desk, far from the fire.