Chapter 81

*POV is still Melodic mood*

She didn't say anything as I sat down next to her.

"Did you already bandage yourself up?"

"Mostly..." She mumbled while carefully removing her mask to show a black eye.

'Oh shit...' She looked like she had been beaten both physically and mentally.

"They shouldn't have let him do this."

She didn't respond as I quickly grabbed an ice pack for her eye.

Suddenly a phone rang.

I began to check my phone when I heard her respond.

"Hello?" She mumbled.

I walked back towards her with the ice pack.

"I'm on my way." She froze for a second. "Yes sir." She groaned like she was being forced to say it.

She silent got up and grabbed a change of clothes before heading back into her rest room.

"What was that about?" I asked through the door.

"I got called into a mission." She said coldly while grabbing her jacket and mask.

"You're hurt, do you really think it's a good idea?"

"It's not an option. There isn't anyone else that can do what I need to." She sighed. "Not a hero atleast."

I'm not going to be able to convince her otherwise with how she's acting.

"Then I'm coming with you."

"That's not a good idea." She bit her lip and nervously ran her hand through her hair. "They want me to retrieve something."

How did a base catch on fire without everyone hearing about it?

'Hey sister, can you add me to the mission list Shining iz going on?' I silently texted Logos while following Shining despite her protests.

Eventually I managed to get her into my car so we could head to the scene of the fire.

'I can, but I should let you know it's The Lab.'

How did a fire start there? That is literally the most secure base.

How much information is going to be lost? Surely everyone is smart enough to get out.

'Are you alright?'

I knew it was no point in working myself up on worrying about her. Atleast before knowing if she was ok.

'I'm already out.' She quickly responded.

*POV change to Shining dragon*

Mood insisted on going with me and when we arrived at the base there was easily a thousand people in lab coats just standing in the street while road blocks were being placed over a mile out.

Various machines were being loaded up into multiple unmarked semis.

"Shining dragon good you're here." General Anderson showed up and quickly opened the door when he saw Mood  was driving. "Why are you here?"

"I got a call saying I needed to be here, sir." Her lie was persuasive enough that I almost thought it was true.

He glared at her before pulling out his phone and checking.

"So you did." He squinted at his screen like it was lunging to him.

"Sir I know this base better than anyone else."

'She does?'

"So you do. You're on evacuation." He ordered her before turning to me. "I need you on retrieval. There is a fire blocking the path and the smoke is too thick for anyone actually make it to the supercomputer."

He stopped talking as a few people ran inbetwen us.

"There will be six blocks sitting next to the computer. We have someone that will help you unlock the computer, but the computer has a fail safe that only allows you to download the data onto this hard drives."

"You dont want me to put the fire out?" I was under the impression that's what I was called in for.

"After you grab the all drives. As long as the data is recovered I dont care what you do." He he handed me a grey box shaped backpack before he just walked away like I was supposed to know where to go.

As I was about to walk into the burning building a woman stopped me and strapped a camera to my chest. I tried my best not to wince as she tightened it against my ribs.

"Shining." I turned around and it was Mood that called me this time. "Put this in."

She held out one of the earbuds we use during field days. I nodded my head as I listened to her.

"Be safe."

"I will." I tried to smile, but it caused the cut on my lip to slightly crack back open.

I gradually made my way last the people rushing against the clock and began to jog down the stairs.

"You can only descend halfway down the stairs two flights were taken out by the fire." Mood explained like she watching what I was doing.

"How many floors are there in this place?"

"Thirty six."

"And which floor is the super computer on?"

She was silent for a moment like she didnt realize that's where I was headed. "Thirty six..."

"Great..." I muttered to myself as I passed the eleventh floor.

Suddenly there was the sound of something clashing against the walls and quickly pressed my back to the wall as something big and made of metal came crashing down the stairwell.

After the stairwell went mostly silent I looked down the stairwell to see it was now blocking the stairs just a couple flights below me.

"I need a new way down."

"There is another stairwell directly down the hall from you."

"Why do I feel like there is a but in there?"

"The cameras are out in that hall so I dont know the conditions inside."

"It's just down the hall right?"

I quickly opened the door and I could feel the warmth radiating from the fire below.

I began to run down the hall when Mood suddenly spoke up.

"Get to the wall."

Immediately I did as she said and suddenly the smell of burning hair filled my nose as a giant cat ran past me.

"Was that a fucking lion?"

"Yes, you're on the animal ward, but the animals were all supposed to be in their cages." Mood sounded confused, before her voice sounded slightly paniced. "Shining you're not alone in there."