Chapter 111

Hyrdon held his hand out to me. In his palm was a black pill bottle.

"Take one before the visibility clears up." He ordered.

"Why should I trust you?"

"Like I'd willingly help you." He groaned as he changed his mind and threw the bottle at me.

I didn't have time to read the bottle, so I decided to take the risk and trust him. I pulled out a bright red pill and swallowed it dry.

I shoved the bottle into my pocket before throwing a fireball in the direction Frostbite had been.

"Do you have a plan?" I asked as the steam began to settle.

"I'm good with water, and she's good at making ice. Where do you think you fit?" He rolled his eyes as he spoke.

As the steam cleared, I noticed multiple buildings were coated with ice and snow, and I quickly noticed Hydron looking me up and down.

"You may want to keep your eyes elsewhere." I warned as the air grew colder.

At first, I couldn't see her, so I started to melt and snow and ice around us to clear out possible hiding spots.

I felt a cold breeze on the back of my neck and instinctively turned around. I barely had enough time to dodge on of her snowballs. Hydron managed to pull a wall of water in time to protect himself, but it instantly turned to ice when the snowball hit it.

I started to feel an unfamiliar amount of heat forming in my chest as my heart began to race.

Frostbite rose her hand, and a large wall of ice grew around us.

"I heard you caused some problems for your mother." She said with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you want?" I stepped closer to her as I felt flames start to form at my fingertips.

"I thought it was a little hot. So I thought everyone could use a cool down." She smirked.

I could tell there wasn't something she was saying.

"Surrender, and maybe..."

Before I could finish warning her, she threw her arm out and a bunch of needle sized icicles at me. With a flick of my wrist, I threw up a small sheild that perfectly saved me from the attack.

"Hey, hot head!" I heard Hydron yell.

I quickly  threw a punch at the wall beside me, and flames erupted from my fist and quickly melted the ice. I quickly saw Frostbite had goons hiding with her, and they were now surrounding Hyrdon.

Managed to increase the size of my flames and melted most of the wall of ice, giving Hydron a way to better defend himself. I normally would have been surprised by how large my flames grew, but I didn't have the chance before someone charged me and slammed me into the remaining wall of ice.

The man's hands found their way around my neck, and he tried to slam my head into the wall of ice. I felt pure energy run through me, and I tightly gripped his wrists and set my hands ablaze.

He screamed as his sleeves caught fire. Before he could recover, I grabbed his shirt and threw him over my shoulder into the ice wall that was slowly melting but now had fully shattered from his weight.

I turned to see Hydron was completely surrounded, but I dont think he realized that yet. I saw Frostbite throw an icicle at him, and I grabbed the fish net like material on the back of his shirt and pulled him back just enough that it barely missed his head.

"Dont make me regret that." I muttered before someone tried to hit me.

"I don't know where they all are coming from." He panted.

At first, I thought it was multiple people we were fighting, but when my flames made one of them disappear, I realized at least half of them were doubles of one person.

"One of them is Doppelgänger." I said after dodging another attack.

"It can't be he's been dead for two years." Hyrdon yelled while using Frostbite's freezing powers to make waves and freeze a couple of goons in place.

"His body was never..." I started when someone threw a car at us.

Once again, I grabbed Hydron's shirt and forced him to move. Except this time, he fell and slid on the ice, but at least he didn't seem hurt.

"We need more backup!" I heard Hydron yell.

At first, I thought he was telling me until I saw he had an ear peice in.

"It's not..." he yelled back, but I assumed he was given orders. "Yes, sir." He mumbled this time.

I punched another person who tried to charge him and made a wall of fire to protect us temporarily.

"Take another one of those pills." He yelled as he scrambled to his feet.

"Why?"

"Because I was told you have to." He yelled back.

This was the first time I've actually seen him look nervous. I hesitantly took out the bottle and took a second pill.

We didn't have time to wait around before I had to throw up another sheild.   I wasn't sure what was thrown this time. I went to throw more flames when I saw a mother with her child  trying to run down the street. Whatever was thrown at me reflected off my sheild and was now headed towards them.

I sprinted over to them before it could hit them. I forced a new sheild to appear, but this time, instead of being reflected off the sheild, it melted as if it was made of ice.

"Are you both ok?" I asked while glancing back at them.

They were both shaking from fear, and the mother barely managed to croak out a yes.

"Good. I need you to get him somewhere safe. I'll cover you." 

The mother nodded and grabbed her kids hand before running off with him.

After they were safely hidden, everything seemed to fall still. I looked around, and it appeared everyone except Hydron, who now appeared to be mildly hurt, and one of the goons, who was knocked out, managed to escape.

For the first time, I felt perfectly fine after using my powers so heavily. 

Hydron limped over to me while I checked on the knocked out goon. He was still breathing but seemed to have taken a nasty hit to his head.

"What exactly were those pills?" I asked.

"I thought you would know." He said, looking surprised. "I was just told to bring them to you."

I pulled out my phone and saw I had a few messages. One of them was from an unknown number but had a video attached to it, and one was from Mood checking in on me.

'Please be careful.' As I was reading her text, I saw she began typing. 'Good job, Firefly.'