viii. a princess worth waiting for

𝗜 𝗦𝗘𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧. 。༅:*゚

     "AND SO," ADORA began with a wide grin, "you could imagine what happened next

     "AND SO," ADORA began with a wide grin, "you could imagine what happened next. The kingdom rejoiced. The lost Princess had returned. The party lasted an entire week. And, honestly I don't remember much of it." She laughed.

  "Dreams came true all over the place." (Y/n) smiled at the little kids, who were wide eyed and grinning. "Seahawk went on to become the most famous pirate on the seven seas. And Rogelio? Well he eventually found some to love." They turned the page to show Lonnie, Rogelio, and Kyle embracing each other. "As for Imp, well, I assume he's happy. He's never told me otherwise."

  "Thanks to Swiftwind, crime in the kingdom disappeared almost over night." Adora smiled. "As did most of the apples. Bow, never changed." The real Bow snuck onto (Y/n)'s shoulder, snuggling in and falling asleep.

  "At last (Y/n) was home, and she finally had a real family." (Y/n) narrated, turning the page to show her and her mother and sister together.

  "She was a Princess worth waiting for." Adora grabbed your hand. "But above all, she led her kingdom with all the grace and wisdom that her parents did before her."

  "And as for Adora, well. She started going by Adora again." (Y/n) states, squeezing her wife's hand tightly. Stopped thieving, basically turned it all around."

  "But I know what the big question is;" Adora says, glancing down at the ring on (Y/n)'s finger. "did (Y/n) and Adora ever get married? Well I'm pleased to tell you," (Y/n) rolled her eyes, knowing what's about to happen. "After years, and years of asking, and asking, and asking. I finally said yes."

  "Adora..." (Y/n) warned playfully, glaring playfully at her wife with a smirk.

  Adora groaned, nudging (Y/n), "All right, I asked her." Adora smiles, rolling her eyes.

  (Y/n) turned to the last page of the book, depicting Adora and her wedding, "And the world keeps spinning and the tales keep turning and people come, and people go... but they are never forgotten. And the one truth we know, it held true one more time... that love, true love, the really, really good kind of love... never dies." She glanced at Adora, who was slightly tearing up, "And they lived happily ever after." (Y/n) shut the book, setting it on the table beside her as the kids groaned.

  "It gets me every time." A boy says, wiping the tears from his eyes.

  "Does it have to be over?" A little girl asked, tugging on (Y/n)'s jeans.

  (Y/n) laughed, "I'm afraid so," She laughs softly, patting the girls head softly. "Well, as much fun as we've had, it's about time for you all to head home." The kids groaned.

  "Now, come on!" Adora laughed softly, "Pack your things, we'll come wave you goodbye." She smiles at the kids, who begin packing.

۰ ˚⁀ ♡̷̷ˎˊ˗

     The group walks out as the kids get into their bus, and the bus driver asks, "Did you have a fun time with Queen (Y/n) and Queen Adora?" They asked, smiling back at the kids.

  "You mean, they've been—" A kid mutters as the all move to the window, they watch (Y/n) and Adora help each other place their crowns on, giggling endlessly.

  (Y/n) turns to the kids, a goofy smile on her features, "Bye kids!" She laughs, waving softly along with Adora.

  "(Y/n) and Adora?" A little girl mutters, before grinning. "(Y/n) and Adora!"

  The kids cheer as the bus drives away and Adora wraps an arm around (Y/n)'s shoulder.

  "You never cease to amaze me, my Love." Adora smiles, kissing her wife's temple.

  (Y/n) hums, basking in the glory of this moment, "I know." She smiles.

authors note
THE END BESTIES </3

don't forget to vote
and comment!