Chapter 1 :a little oopsie in gym class

CHAPTER 1 A LITTLE ACCIDENT

Riley was watching her daughter Aurora towards the end of her gymnastics class. Aurora was very gifted in gymnastics as well as similar pursuits like dancing . She always works hard to improve herself.

The proud young mother picked out her little treasure in her daffodil yellow sparkly leotard. She sees her finish handstand into a cartwheel.

Then the session is dismissed and Aurora runs to her mummy smiling and proud .

"Mummy mummy I did my grading for level 7 and I passed her look at my certificate " she giggled proudly and showed off her certificate.

Reilly was incredibly pleased with her little girl and proud of her as this had been very hard and she had to re-try her grading 2 times before. Which had knocked Aurora's confidence a lot.

Reilly also noticed something that Aurora hadn't. Or perhaps it wasn't something she was bothered by.

Around her daughter's crotch was a large wet patch. She had an accident during class most likely.

Though her mummy hasn't mentioned it directly she did suggest Aurora should go to the bathroom which she did, and it was there that her mum explained to her what had happened.

As one might expect the little girl started to cry:

'' I'm sorry mommy I didn't notice you're not mad? "

Her mom's sympathetic but stern response was what the little girl needed.

" No of course I'm not honey but you need to try going more often. So Reiley helped her bonnie little girl sort herself out.

She gazed lovingly into her unusual little girl with her expressive and large scintillating eyes that changed with her feelings and her pointed ears.

Aurora was very nearly 7 but she was very small and slim. Accidents like this weren't uncommon for poor Auroa and were very embaressing for her

Her mum put this down to her little ones slightly nervous disposition and her small size meant a smaller bladder.

Since entering grade school though it seemed to have got worse which was concerning. When she had been taken to the doctor. He examined Aurora and couldn't find anything wrong even referring her to a urologist. This of course was stressful for poor Aurora and got her very upset.

For now though Reilly knew Aurora had come here from school so she had a change of clothes. She got redressed and asked her mum if she had any of her what she called panty paddys. But really they were children's potty training pads designed as a more effective and cheaper alternative to pullups. This was because they held most little accidents but not much more just made less of a mess on outer garments. They were kind of like maxi pads but for kids and less embarrassing and more discreet then pull ups.

Those little pads seemed to help Aurora feel more confident so Riley was only too happy to buy them for as long as she needed them. However she hoped Aurora wouldn't need to for much longer. Or came to rely on them .

Once Aurora was done and tried to use the loo again with no success.They headed home going via a popular diner for tea as Reilly needed to do shopping. But she was off tomorrow and would do it when Aurora was at school. Her day had been very hard today at work. Reilly was a graphics designer for a local company .The marketing team had been harassing her about some new designs. So she couldn't be bothered with the stress of cooking which she hated anyway despite being very good at it.

Aurora had a number of issues from being both 3 month premature and half fae though the latter part was only discovered recently .One of these was her body struggled to digest meat so she was a vegetarian. She also ate a lot. To make up the missing proteins another was her slightly smaller size meant her body and organs were also proportionally smaller than average.

Her unusual heritage only really began to show on the full moon before she turned 5 on the summer solstice . changed colour from heavenly blue to a vibrant and unnatural pink. As disturbing as this was it seemed to cause her no harm however for a short time she complained everything was too bright but then it settled.

Reilly could only assume the strange event was the beginning of Aurora's awakening. She had been told about this by one of her friends who was a teacher at the school. Reilly had then done a lot more research and learned about changelings.Which she never would have believed was possible let alone her own adopted daughter was one.

A changeling was usually a fairborn child who had been swapped with a human child for various reasons . or in rarer and usually more sinister cases. It was the girl child of a witch or hag who had replaced a stolen or murdered human child.

Aurora was quiet in her car seat . She looked out the window and doodled on her notepad and spoke little. Like her mother she was arty and a little introverted and awkward around others she didn't know. she seemed distracted so naturally Reilly tried to start a conversation

" How was your day at school sweet ?" Was Riley's first question .

Aurora muttered it was good mama how was yours ?"

Normally Aurora wouldn't need promoting about school and loved talking about it so this was an immediate red flag for Reilly .

" So what did you do baby girl tell me all about it." Reilly slash's doing interesting and showing willingness to listen .

With a heavy sigh and a sniffle "I did P.E but I wet myself and the other kids laughed at me mama and it made me feel stupid and sad "she says softly.

Her voice cracking slightly as she looks away. Staring back out of the window . Reilly saw tears trickling down the reflection of her daughter's face .

She pulls over and stops the car and just hugs her daughter as clearly she is upset .

"It's okay baby girl mummy's here. Accidents happen we can sort it out okay don't let the other kids get you down come on . Turn that frown upside down. We are gonna have a lovely evening just us girlies . "

She smiled and tickled Aurora who like most youngsters was really ticklish so she giggles, squeals and squirms but she feels much better .

It's amazing what a few kind words at the right moment isn't it ? But it's also amazing how much harm mean words can do.