chapter four | meeting and memories

~~~~

serena walked along the path walk, holding her backpack straps tightly. she didn't look around at the shops, since she already knew them all.

who wouldn't? it was where she lived after all.

she jogged to her other house, panting and gasping for breath.

she needed to start exercising again. she had thought that her past time at the gym when she was a performer would help but apparently not. her fingers twitched as bad memories came into her mind.

after a few minutes she finally arrived at her mansion. the one she never used at all.

serena and her mother always wanted a normal house. they already had the money for it from her mother's rhyhorn races and her pokevision videos she used to post. used to. she never posted again after he left. she didn't have the time to.

she looked beside her mansion to see... the ketchum's mansion. she sighed, regaining her breath.

they were also rich, had loads of money. much more famous than the yvonne's though. everyone in kalos knew about them. even people from other regions, apparently their interviews were popular for other regions so they decided to broadcast videos all about them on televisions.

mostly ash's win against diantha.

serena still remembered the day they moved in, when she was four.

the young girl giggled, playing with her favourite eevee plush. she squished it, laughing when the nose disappeared. a knock on the door made her look up and say "yes?"

"sweetie, we have some new neighbours. come down, we're going to meet them." the four-year-old pouted.

she looked defeatedly at the plush in her hand.

"gwuess we have to pway water..." she put the plush back into her box of toys before coming downstairs, two steps at a time.

she saw her mommy and daddy at the door, talking to someone. feeling shy, she ran behind her parents and hid behind their legs.

she heard a voice say "oh, is that your daughter?"

she slowly peeked behind her mommy's legs to see a beautiful lady. she looks pretty, serena thought, but that man looks scary.

the lady had brown eyes and hair, tied up in a scrunchie.

they made eye contact and serena could see that she was nice but the man beside her was...not the same. He wore a black suit, trousers and shoes.

he looked like a total workaholic.

"oh ash~ come here!" the lady said.

ash? who's ash? and what kind of name is ash? serena's thoughts where broken when she heard tiny footsteps before a boy with auburn eyes came into view. he had really messy hair and lightning bolt marks on his cheeks. he was wearing a blue and yellow hoodie, a red stripe in the middle separating the two colours and blue shorts and shoes.

he looked...

kind of cute in her opinion.

serena felt her cheeks go red and quickly hid behind her father's legs.

the man in the suit, who was ash's father, just stood there and held ash's hand in what looked like a really tight grip.

the two children made eye contact. cerulean met auburn. his eyes where bright, warm like the sun while hers were alluring, twinkling like diamonds. they held their gaze before turning away.