chapter twelve | the blonde siblings

you can all probably guess what happens in this chapter by its name, hopefully you enjoy it!!
~~~~

gary and ash waved their hands frantically at each other, brock in the middle of them. the latter sighed tiredly, walking down the sidewalk. the younger teenagers were arguing about who was better at pokemon battling, with ash giving an excuse of being kalos champion. then it turned into some kind of complaining contest.

a dumb, irrelevant complaining contest.

but he was going to that park. and nobody was stopping him.

"dude, the only reason girls like you is because you're my friend!" ash pointed an accusing finger at gary.

said man scoffed, "that's ridiculous! they flirt with me because i'm so much better than you. have you not noticed why most people like me? it's because i'm so much more better than you!" brock's eye twitched in annoyance, not noticed by both boys.

"yeah right, oak tree. they're just fakin' it!"

"i'll consider your opinion when you admit that you were the one that took all my toilet paper last week!"

"never-" brock's hand twitched and that's when he decided to stop this dumb argument. he grabbed the tip of their ears and pulled them down, ignoring the weird looks from passing trainers.

they whined in pain but stopped when they saw steam coming out of his ears.

"i swear to arceus, i didn't come outside to listen to you two bickering, now keep your mouths shut or else i'll stick a crowbar down your throat!" he harshly whispered to them both; they gulped nervously.

and with that, their walk was filled ash and gary sending each other death glares while brock walked slightly ahead of them, arms crossed.

they reached their destination, looking the huge park in front of them. once they all entered through the gate brock skipped joyfully to the green swing set, ash and gary pushing past him and running to them much more faster.

they paused, brock stopping when he was beside them.

there's only two swings, they all thought. so that means...

one of us can't go on.

in that moment, they all locked eyes with each other, not moving a muscle. in a blink of an eye, all three males ran, using all their power and speed to meet their goal.

5 MINUTES AGO

"hey, this is serena! please leave a message." iris frowned at her phone beside her ear, listening to serena's voicemail again for the fourth time.

she looked back at her friends, "it went straight to voicemail again." dawn sighed disappointedly with may and misty rubbed her temples in frustration.

they were supposed to hanging out today and serena had been absent for about twenty minutes. that's when dawn decided to call her if something happened but surprisingly, when she called, her friends voicemail was heard.

that happened with may and misty as well. they were all confused since serena was the one that gave the idea to meet up at the pokemon centre.

about five blocks away, all alone, was serena.

she decided to go to the park, away from her friends. she felt guilty since she proposed the idea but in that moment she felt like the tension would just go away and they would be back to normal.

but no, she couldn't face them after their last encounter and misty's argument kept reappearing in her mind.

she didn't have a flashback until yesterday. even if she knew that she was safe and nothing was going to hurt her, she could still feel his hands closing around her throat, squeezing her until she couldn't breath.