The Explosion

Peter Parker 

It was a quiet day at Avenger's tower. Wait. Stop that thought. 

It's never 'quiet' at Avenger's tower, with a semi large group of super hero's running around one place one can never expect much quiet. 

But it had been a relatively calm day today, Thor was off world and had dragged Loki along with him much to his dismay. Sam, Rhodey and Vision had a Veterans event to attend, Vision tagging along to study more human interaction. T'Challa and Shuri were as always in Wakanda and wouldn't be visiting for another few weeks.

This left Nat, Clint, Wanda, Steve, Bucky, Bruce and Tony in the tower. Wanda was doing school work in her room, attempting to catch up on her basic education since joining the Avengers. Steve, Bucky, Nat and Clint were in the training room, just keeping theirs skills up to par. 

Bruce and Tony had spent the last 56 hours in the lab, working on various projects and getting lost in their fun. Pepper had locked them out of the lab before heading off to work in the office, making sure they ate and that they were going to sleep. 

So when Peter entered the tower and wasn't greeted by anyone but FRIDAY he was confused. Whenever he came to the tower, which was almost everyday now even if it was just to quickly say hi to everyone, someone was always on the main floor to greet him. Normally at least one person was lounging in the living room or getting food or coffee from the kitchen. But not today. 

Grabbing a snack from the kitchen, which happened to be cold leftover pizza from the night before Peter wondered to himself what he should do. Ultimately Peter decided to go to the labs to work on some suit updates, maybe finish whatever project Mr. Stark had been stuck on for the past few days. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*

An explosion shook the tower, alarms started to blare and the current residents of the tower were confused. 

Nat, Clint, Bucky and Steve raced out of the training room, seeing Tony and Bruce sleepily emerging into the living room. 

"Whats going on?" Bruce asked yawning, the few hours of sleep that he had gotten just making himself more exhausted. 

"I don't know, but it sounded like it came from one of your labs." Nat points out, drawing her gun assuming the worst. 

"What did you 'science bros' make this time, what wants to kill us now" Clint spoke with a groan, following Nat's example. 

The group made their way down to the labs, having to take the stairs. "We weren't doing anything, everything we have been working on is completely harmless!" Tony demands. 

Clint rolls his eyes, "Yeah right, everything is dangerous, remember that coffee pot you 'fixed' it sprayed hot water at me and only me every time I tried to use it!"

Bucky chuckles, "yeah and it was hilarious" 

"Well we didn't do anything, so let's go find out what caused the explosion, cause it definitely wasn't anything we did." Tony insists

The group makes it to the labs, and everything looks fine in the first few labs. Nothing looks out of place, as they enter Tony's lab they see dust and papers scattered about more than normal. 

Clint glancing around the room for any danger notices a lump on the ceiling and lets out a girlish screech when it falls to the ground in front of them. 

Peter groans, landing on the floor, covering almost completely in dirt, his head of brown curls half standing up, his clothes half burnt, letting out a string of coughs. "Ow that hurt" Plopping down in his half burnt chair at his desk located in the corner of Tony's lab. 

Peter glances up sheepishly at the group before him, shaking more dirt from his hair. "Hi guys"

"Oh My God, Pete what happened here" Bruce asks, noticing his table is half burnt to a crisp. 

Blushing slightly, Peter runs a hand through his hair, "ah-h y-yeah, funny story....." 

"It better be a quick story kid" Tony pushes, more concerned for the kids overall safety than what actually happened. 

"Y-yeah so, I came to the tower, but no one was in the main floor so I decided to come down here and upgrade the suit. Which I did! But then I saw the project Mr. Stark and Dr. Banner were working on to upgrade the iron mans boot thrusters, so I started making some of the prototypes you guys were planning. I just tested a few, and I guess the last one, the one were you changed the shape of the thruster caused some of it to short circuit and explode a little." Peter speaks, barely stopping to breath even once. 

Peter starts pulling at the shirt half burnt onto him, but his skin underneath seems relatively fine, "Son why are your clothes and the table the most burnt?" Steve questions, noticing the boys actions. 

"Oh my spidey sense started buzzing lightly when the test started and it wanted me to move away from the boots. But I didn't want to destroy Mr. Stark's Lab so I kind of jumped on top of it........"

Bucky starts laughing, earning glares from the more 'responsible' adults but Clint joins with a chuckle, "Oh My God Stevie, I told you this kid is a mini you, reckless and everything." Slapping Steve on the back who just scowls at his friend, trying to hide his own smirk.

"I swear Stark, I never thought I would see the day where it wasn't you who destroyed this lab" Natasha adds with a smirk.