A very merry Christmas pt 3

12 / 25

5:47 am 

Penny bolts out of bed the second her eyes open, running down the hallway to the living room where the Christmas tree sits. Under it sits many presents that were not there the night before and Penny slips her own under the tree before running off the wake the others. 

She passes Nat's room first, who before Penny can even knock on the room is thrown open by Nat herself, already sipping a cup of coffee offering a smile and to go wake up Steve and Bucky. 

Penny runs to Pepper and Tony's room, slipping into their room, she goes to Pepper's side of the bed. Leaning down she whispers and lightly shakes Pepper "Psst, Ms Pepper, its Christmas!" Pepper rolls over, hugging Penny from her place on the bed. Pepper has grown very close with the young girl since meeting her, and can't help but melt anytime she hears the girls voice. 

Snickering Pepper gets out of bed, already knowing Penny's plan, Penny takes a few steps back before launching herself into the hair crashing down onto the bed. Which is turns throws Tony up into the air and he rolls off onto the floor "Wh-What the hell!" Tony exclaims, the blanket falling on his head. 

Penny bolts up, "Its Christmas Mr. Stark come on!" Tony yanks the blanket off his head and can't help but smile at the excited young girl before him. Penny pulls him up from the floor, linking arms with Tony and Pepper and excitedly dragging them down the hall where Nat, Steve and Bucky await all in their matching pajamas and drinking their morning coffee. 

Steve passes Tony and Pepper a cup of coffee each as they sit down on the couch while Penny plops herself on the floor by the tree to hand out presents. 

Penny looks like she's had 10 cups of coffee herself, bouncing up and down out of pure excitement and the Avengers can't keep the girl waiting any longer.

Steve begins, "Penny why don't you open your present from me first, its the silver wrapping with the white bow." 

Penny grins, grabbing the box, ripping off the wrapping paper, she tears open the box pulling out a collection of folded t-shirts. Opening one up its reads 'I make bad science puns but only periodically', "OH MY GOSH, Are they all pun shirts!" Penny exclaims, excitedly unfolding all the shirts before bolting up from the floor to hug Steve. "Thank you Thank you Thank you Mr. Rogers!" Steve laughs at the overexcited girl, "You're very welcome Penny, you can add them to your collection." 

Penny grabs her present to Steve from the tree and hands it to Steve grinning, Steve unwraps the small box, smiling as he sees its content. "Signed baseball cards?" Penny nods, "wait are these....?" Penny nods again, "Its at 1940's collector box of baseball cards, every card inside is signed."

Nat grabs a bag from beside the tree handing it to Penny, "For you my little spider" Penny pulls the fluff from the bag, pulling out a beautiful pair of pink ballet pointe shoes. "I thought you would like to continue your ballet training with actually pointe shoes" Nat explains, Penny can't help but let out a laugh as she quickly hands Nat her own gift. 

Penny has also gifted Nat with a pair of beautifully crafted ballet pointe shoes, the pair hug and thank each other sharing a laugh at their shared thoughts. 

Penny plops herself back down on the floor by the tree, reaching for a large gold wrapped present with her name on it. "That would be from me" Bucky calls, also moving to sit on the floor next to Penny having finished his coffee. Penny tears into the box, gasping at its content, reaching in she pulls out a stack of metal, some nanotech and a silver bracelet. Upon placing the stack of metal on the ground, its shining purple. 

"Its vibranium, consider it a gift from me and Shuri, the nanotech has been infused with the metal and you can put it in your suit. As for the silver bracelet thats all Shuri, said something about a more hidden way to wear your web shooters." Bucky explains, Penny is already in another world trying to think of all the things she can make with the vibranium. 

Snapping out of her silent excitement, she hugs Bucky before handing him his own present, a signed box copy of the hobbit. "Pen, I love it but how did you manage this, these signed sets are way too expensive!" 

Penny grins, "I may or may not have saved the publisher from being robbed a few weeks ago, and she offered me a set. I know you love this series." Bucky smiles "Its perfect, thank you Penny"

Penny gives Pepper her present, inside is a watch she once showed Penny given to her by her grandmother but it had been broken for years. Penny managed to sneak into the womans closet and borrow it to fix it for Pepper. Pepper has a few tears in her eyes as she hugs the young girl, leaning back she prompts Penny to give Tony his gift now as well. "I need you to save opening my gift for last" Pepper explains. 

Penny grabs a small package from the tree and hesitates giving it to Tony, before handing it over. A Tony opens it Penny starts talking "I wasn't sure what you get you Mr. Stark. I mean what do you get the man who has everything, May gave me the idea for this one but I'm sorry if it isn't that special I can you get you something else if you want." Penny speaks to her feet, "Pen" 

Penny glances up, in Tony's hands is a framed photo of Tony and Penny on the day he invited her to be an Avenger. They were laughing when the photo was taken and it isn't a perfect photo but Tony loves it, opening his arms "It's perfect Penny, I love it" Tony hugs the girl tight, the girl who he now sees has his own daughter. 

Tony pulls a bag from behind him and hands it to Penny. "Pepper wouldn't let me get you a million presents, said you would be overwhelmed so I settled for this one." 

Inside the plain brown bag, its a stack of paper, "Is this!" Penny exclaims, jumping up and down in excitement. "What is it Pen?" Bucky prompts, as the girl continues to jump. 

"Its a printed script to all the Star Wars movies all signed by the cast! Ah Thank you Mr. Stark." 

Penny continues to jump in excitement for a few minutes before Pepper stands to get Penny's last present, Penny moves to sit on the couch between Tony and Pepper as Pepper hands her a box to open. But as Pepper sits down, Penny notices something weird, she hears something extra now that Pepper is closer to her. 

Looking around Penny decides the noise is coming from Pepper, Pepper just smiles at the girl prompting her to open the box. "Go ahead Penny" 

Penny slowly opens the top of the box, slowly moving the paper out of the way she pulls out a grey t-shirt, opening it up facing the others first she hears gasps and as she turns it towards herself she reads 

'Big Sister'

Penny gapes at the shirt, looking back and forth between Pepper and Tony before the pair hug the girl from either side, "Is this real? You're Pregnant?" Penny asks wide eyed at Pepper. Who smiles and nods, " in five months you will be a big sister Pen" Tony confirms. 

Penny stares at Tony "Big sister?" she asks hopeful and her voice full of emotion. Pepper nods, as Tony explains, "Well we both consider you our first kid either way, and we want you to consider this baby your sister." Tears well in Pennys eyes, "We love you Penny, you're part of our family". 

Penny hugs Tony tight, before turning to Pepper and giving her another hug, upon release Penny sighs "Thank god you are pregnant, I thought I was going crazy the last few months thinking you had 2 heart beats." Everyone laughs at Penny, and upon handing out the rest of the presents under the tree they all settle in to watch Christmas movies for the rest of the morning. 

And as Penny sits, sandwiched between Pepper and Tony she can't help but smiles to herself, and thank her lucky stars and maybe even a little of her Parker Luck for an amazing Christmas.