making an impression on the new boy - jjk

making an impression on the new boy - jeon jungkook

inspired by tiktok

the bell rang for first period. you walked to your english class as normal and sat in your allocated seat. sliding into the second row, you sighed as you saw jake already sitting behind you. he had been winding you up since first year and you were honestly sick of him.

his friends were gathered around him and you slid in quietly hoping he wouldn't notice. you sat down and so far it seemed that jake hadn't noticed you. you reached into your bag and pulled out your homework due today. behind you, jake reached over and snatched the worksheet out of your hands.

"give it back, jake." he and his friends only laughed at you. you tried to reach for it but he raised it far above your head so you couldn’t reach. you gave him a dead look, sick of these antics. “i’m serious, jake. give it back.”

“settle down, class” your teacher’s voice echoed throughout the classroom. you turned your body towards him. behind him, an unfamiliar guy followed. he raised his eyes to the classroom, terrifying everyone with a simple icy look. “we have a new student joining us, jeon jungkook. please treat him kindly.”

jungkook kept his eyes on the floor and sat in the seat beside jake, diagonal from you. “so, the homework was due today. i’ll be collecting them in.”

you turned back to jake, pleading in a hushed whisper to return your work. jake sent you a cheeky smile and ignored you. “y/n” you turned your body around to face your teacher. “your homework?”

“i don’t have it, sir” you whispered. “jake took it off me.”

“young man, is this true?”

“i don’t know what they're talking about, sir” jake shrugged causing you to scoff and roll your eyes. your teacher walked closer to jake and picked up his notebook. he skimmed through the pages for any sign of a worksheet. jake willingly let him look through his bag knowing fine well he wouldn’t find anything. 

“well, y/n in any other circumstance i may have let you off but lying to me and accusing another student is unacceptable. you will receive an incomplete.” he informed walking towards his desk. 

“that’s bullshit.” he stopped in his tracks. everyone was staring at you. unlike the rest who stared at you in utter shock, jungkook looked at you in amusement. 

“language and no homework has just earned you detention, y/n” he told you as he began writing the detention slip. you rolled your eyes at the ridiculousness of the situation. “anyone else while we’re at it?”

with a mischievous glint in his eyes, jungkook spoke. “motherfucker.”

fury filled your teacher’s eyes as he wrote another detention slip. “detention on the first day, setting yourself quite the reputation, mr jeon.” he told jungkook while handing him the slip. 

jungkook shrugged his shoulders, finding the whole situation very amusing. your teacher began continuing with the rest of the lesson. you felt eyes on you. looking to your left, you saw jungkook staring at you with the same mischievous glint. something about that look did something to your insides. he knew exactly his effect on you and it only amused him more. 

i had no idea how to end this