dancing in the rain - kth

dancing in the rain - kim taehyung

inspired himym

the weather was dull. you had spent most of your days inside throughout the season but today was a definite no no. you sat in your warm bed holding a warm beverage after having a nice warm meal for dinner.

the sky got darker and the rain fell heavier. a sound hit your window. assuming it was just more heavy rainfall, you ignored it. you heard it again and then again. removing your duvet from your body, you shuddered at the sudden coldness. you opened your window and gasped at the sight.

your boyfriend, taehyung, stood in front of your window, his smile the biggest smile you had ever seen. he stood in only a shirt and trousers, his fluffy hair becoming flat in the rain.

"what are you doing?" you shouted, half laughing in amusement at his randomness.

"come outside." he shouted back.

you chuckled, looking around at the weather. "it's raining! you come in"

his smile grew wider. "i am not coming inside, you have to come outside."

you gaped at him, wondering if he was serious. staring into his eyes, you saw every ounce of seriousness in them. you released a sigh knowing that he would never let this go. you ducked back inside and ran downstairs. you immediately winced as the water hit your skin. you ran towards him.

"what's going on?" you asked, raising a hand over your head to provide some shelter for your eyes.

his hands cupped your cheeks. "all i've ever wanted is a cheesy, romantic movie moment. i thought who better to do that with than the love of my life."

your lips parted in shock. that was the first time he had ever said i love you. you began to wonder if you were dreaming when he stepped closer. "i love you, y/n" he chuckled a little as if he was astonished by his feelings for you.

"i love you too" it came out as a whisper. he pressed his lips against yours gently. suddenly you didn't feel so cold anymore.

"dance with me." it wasn't a question. he moved his hands from your cheeks to your hands to your waist. you stared into his eyes unable to utter a word to him. he didn't need you to say anything. he understood. he pressed his forehead against yours and quietly sang the words to sweet night.

it was a magical moment just between the two of you and nothing else mattered.