Chapter 2

'Would it be different if I could save you? If only I could lend you my hand, if only I could turn back the time, would it be different than it is today? Would you be here standing before me in my arms?'

"What's happening? Why is there such a commotion? "

"Oh Jimin sunbaenim.. Few hours ago a corpse has been discovered in the girl's washroom in the ground floor"

Hearing the student Jimin was astonished. A corpse.

Something he didn't plan to see in the early morning before class.

Something he didn't wish to encounter ever again.

Without responding much to the fellow student he rushed towards the crowd. A stinging rotten smell was already hitting his nose in the hallway.

Smell of something dead, something decaying already.

"Excuse me Prof Ahn! Did you call the police?"

The professor nodded in bewilderment. He himself is stunned to see something so horrifying.

Jimin placidly squeezed himself through the crowd to see the cause of the commotion.

And oh lord what he saw... Will forever a sight of horror.
He couldn't keep his eyes any longer at the sight. That's when he heard the sirens nearby.

In less than an hour the body was removed, forcing investigators to recreate the original position by a borderline diagram to determine it's trajectory.

Students and other staffs were forbidden to enter the caution area except the ones who witnessed it.

As the body was being taken away in a carter Jimin noticed something.

The man seemed very familiar to him.

'Who can it be? Where have I seen him before? '
That's when he realised, he was the janitor of his high school.

And that recognition was enough to ooze his curiosity regarding the entire case.

"Excuse me, are you Park Jimin?"
Jimin broke out from his trance at the sudden interruption as he turned around to meet a stern gaze of a slightly older man. Seemed at his late twenties. A symmetrical face almost, as if he jumped outfrom some Korean action drama.

"I am asking you a question Mr Park. "

"Ah yes. "

"The girl who saw the corpse first told you are the class president and keep the students record right? "

Jimin nodded nervously as he kept fiddling with his small fingers shrinking under the gaze of the tall man.

"Good, something interesting is going on here. I want you to send me all the records of the students who were present today. I will be soon conducting an investigation and will separately interrogate each of the students "