Chapter 3

'Anger is the punishment we give ourselves for someone else's mistakes, but for me, I'd rather drink the poison and die in a moment than taking the whips every day and scream my lungs out. Because.... Let's face it, no one's gonna hear my voice. No one did.'

That awkward silence when you are put together with someone you likely don't want to partner up with was exactly what Jimin was feeling

"Um so will you order any drink or dessert? "

"Get me whatever you are having. "

Jimin nodded as he quietly walked over to the counter to place his order of two simple iced Americano. He looked behind to catch a glimpse of Heejin quietly looking into his laptop about their project research - Monetary policy of Industrial growth in Nigeria.

Jimin was lost in his own thought at the familiarity of the face he missed so much.

He couldn't deny he did miss her.

But this Heejin wasn't her. So it was pointless to ponder over the past. He promised himself to never cross his mind across that lane yet he was standing there watching his classmate quietly wondering his mind about that girl whom she resembled so much.

A small part of him wished he could see her one last time.

"Heejin ah, after this would you like to have lunch together?"

Jimin doesn't know why he spoke those words more so why in that specific endearing tone, but he swears to God the smile he received in return made his heart lighter.

"That is very fancy coming from you Park Jimin. "

It felt like those words were hitting him to the rock bottom. Of course he knew what she was referring to.

"I really didn't mean to ignore you purposely. It's just I heard Sora attacked you on your first day so-"

"So you assumed keeping a distance would calm her nerves."

Jimin remorsefully nodded as she completed his statement.

"Then why are you asking me to accompany you to lunch?"

Heejin curious eyes settled upon the fidly man as he couldn't form a good enough sentence to answer that specific question.

"Um.... I just feel...kind of apologetic for my behaviour towards you...it was very unfair, and I want to make it up to you"

Heejin stared at him for a while and the look on face pretty much scared the shit out of the latter.

It was just incomprehensible.