Weekend Challenge

Two former college roommates, both logicians, meet at a conference after many years without contact. While catching up, the two eventually get around to discussing their children. The first logician asks the second how many children he has, and what their ages are. The second replies that he has 3 children, but (ever the logician) he will only reveal clues about their ages. The first logician must deduce for himself the ages of the second's children.

"First," says the logician, "the product of my children's ages is 36."

"Second, the sum of their ages is the same as our apartment number in college."

"Third, my oldest child has red hair."

Upon hearing the third clue, the first logician replies at once with the ages of his friend's children. What are they? How do you know?

This riddle is a bit difficult, thus, even I had to resort to the solution for this one. But, it's actually not that hard, so give it a shot!

This weekend I'm also trying out sort of a bonus challenge. This challenge involves disproving a theological statement under given regulations. It's still worth points, but it's mainly just for fun (to keep your mental gears turning and such). Don't worry though, this one is pretty easy.

Bonus Theological Challenge:

Disprove the following statement with one question under 30 words::

There is no such thing as absolute truth