x. THE HELLHOLE OF SAN FRANCISCO.

" ii. THE MARVEL OF QUICKSILVER. "

   THE KLEPTOMANIAC walked into King's Dominion, already in uniform

THE KLEPTOMANIAC walked into King's Dominion, already in uniform. "Can I switch the skirt for some pants? I'm not the best runner when almost flashing everybody." She joked lightly, although she did actually want pants on.

Master Lin, as Vera learned his name was, lead her into the tailor, who fitted her for pants. Dope. Vera soon switched from skirt to pants, a win in her book. "What do they call you?" He asked, "In New York, I heard someone said you had an alias. That's what kept you from being caught."

"Quicksilver. I liked the comics, plus, they only saw silver before I was gone." Vera said, looking around at the area. "Place is clean." She pointed out, pointing at the polished granite ceiling, seeing the monks walk by her silently. "Are they allowed to speak?"

"No." He said simply, stopping in front of a dorm room. "This is your room. Your roommate has been called from class to introduce you and take you around the school. Don't kill anybody." With that, Master Lin left her.

She walked into the dormitory, admiring the posters and drawings her roommate decorated it with. They seemed to be Cholo-Chola pin up girls and animated style, some crosses and a rosary hanging over a vanity, along with some movie posters. Vera grinned goofily, putting her backpack down on the ground.

   "You like it?" A voice said behind her, making the kleptomaniac flinch.

   "Jesus Christ." She held her chest, slowing her heart. "Yeah. It's cool. Uh, I'm Vera. Vera Aleo."

"Angelina Grey." She nodded to her, "You Hispanic?"

"Jesus don't tell me everybody asks me that question here. Chico already asked." Vera groaned. The bell rang, the shuffling of feet and voices flooded the halls.

"Lunch." Angelina said simply. "Don't get in my way, I won't get in yours." With that, she walked out. Jesus. Was everybody an angsty psychopath here? If so, Vera might have to reconsider her acceptance to the school. Vera shrugged to herself, finding her way to the dining hall. She grabbed herself some food, only to realize she didn't know where to sit. There were no empty tables, plus it was obvious there were cliques.

MARCUS ARGUELLO found out in poisons class that he was no longer the new student of King's Dominion. One day his junior, a new female student had entered the school for assassins. The only thing he heard about her was her silver hair. The no-longer-new-boy sat down during lunch, seeing Lex and Billy looking around. "What?" He asked them.

   "We're looking for the new girl," Lex said, his eyes landing on the silver dyed hair. "Aha! NEW GIRL!" He shouted, causing Vera to turn to the shouts. "Come here." He pointed over to their table. Vera raised an eyebrow, pointing to herself in confusion. Lex nodded, and Vera made her way over to the table. "Hello, new girl."

"Hi," Vera eyed him, looking at the other two boys and one girl.

"I'm Billy." The boy with the green mohawk grinned giddily, "That's Lex, Petra, and that's Marcus. Marcus is new too. What's you get in here for?" He asked, interested in her background. Hell, the rats were lucky nobody snatched her up yet.

"I steal. I steal a lot." She shrugged, sitting down next to Marcus. "Some people call me a kleptomaniac, but that's not my official name."

"We'll, whats your-"

A shadow cast over Vera and her food, making the entire table go silent. Vera paused, slowly turning around to be greeted with a larger blonde haired man. "Hello, names Viktor." He said, his accent prominent. "Why don't you come with me? Away from... rats." He said. "Don't want you with wrong sort."

The rats watched curiously. It was Vera's first time finding out about the cliques inside the King's Dominion, and she was less than thrilled. They wanted to know what the new girl would do, considering that they weren't exactly the nicest bunch to be hanging out with and if she did stick around she'd be drawing a big, fat target on her back.

Vera looked him up and down, unamused. "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks. I don't associate myself with commies... or fascists, capitalists, anybody who's an asshole for that matter. But good luck!" She feigned excitement, amused at his reaction. It was obvious the Russian was rarely or never turned down before.

"You will regret that, little mouse." He trudged away without another word. Vera sighed, turning back to them. She waited until he out of earshot.

   "No, Viktor, you will regret getting within five feet of me." She pulled out his wallet, flicking through the American cash. For some reason, Viktor still had Russian currency in his wallet. "His middle name is Alexei." She quipped, looking at his I.D. His photo wasn't the most flattering.

   "That is hella dope, innit!" Lex grinned, flicking through the wallet himself. "I like you." His cheshire grin widened, finding around twenty bucks inside and stealing it all. "What's your name, by the way? You never got to it." He muttered, still focused on the wallet.

   "Quicksilver. I like the comics, and well it just stuck. I'm not the biggest fan of X-Men though, I prefer Conan the Barbarian." She shrugged, picking around her food.

   "Wow, Marcus, I think we might've found someone as nerdy as you." Billy grinned, earning a sarcastic smile from the brooding boy.

   "You like Conan?" Marcus asked. Vera nodded. "You like The Smiths?"

   "They're in my top ten but not my top three." She grinned, "Favorite song is Still Ill." Marcus grinned, his tiredness seemed to be fading away at the conversation.

   "You can stick around."

   "Well, I was gonna stick around anyway, pretty boy." Vera bit her bottom lip to stop her from grinning. It was kind of obvious a nice personality wasn't going to get you anywhere in this place.

"Besides Quicksilver, what's your real name?" Marcus asked, eager to unravel the mystery of her. The homeless boy thought he knew everybody inside and out, took it as a challenge. With a new student, he couldn't wait to pick her apart and put her back together.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out, pretty boy." Vera grinned, looking up as the bell rang. "Guess class is starting. Anyone fancy a race?"